Ask a question

No registration required

Play Store app update lag

OP ChiefIlliniwek5

15th February 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

86 posts
Whenever my tablet is updating apps it begins to lag tremendously. I'm running cm11 but this problem has been occurring since I was on the stock ROM. I've even flashed a kernel which overclocks to 1.7 ghz and with the interactive governor running it will still lag while updating apps. I tried to create a tasker profile which would initiate the performance governor whenever the play store app is open, but it doesn't help. Any ideas?
15th February 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 386

1,110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIlliniwek5

Whenever my tablet is updating apps it begins to lag tremendously. I'm running cm11 but this problem has been occurring since I was on the stock ROM. I've even flashed a kernel which overclocks to 1.7 ghz and with the interactive governor running it will still lag while updating apps. I tried to create a tasker profile which would initiate the performance governor whenever the play store app is open, but it doesn't help. Any ideas?

Yep I've always got that. Someone said that it is a problem with the tablets hardware I/O, theres not much you can do about it.
15th February 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 408

511 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIlliniwek5

Try using the ROW I/O scheduler that should be optionally available in most kernels.
It favours read operations over the slow write operations in the background.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk
15th February 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #4  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 8

69 posts
More
You should really change your I/O scheduler and run TRIM and maybe change your Entropy so when I/O lag does come, its not as bad.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread