XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] The Homebutton isn't working well

Tip us?

Bakirsaad200
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] The Homebutton isn't working well

On the 31.01 I flashed the official Android 4.4.2 firmware of Poland (N9005XXUENB3) on my Note 3 (SM-9005). Odin didn't want to start the installing so i removed the battery from the device and tried to start installing again. It did and everything went well. My device was so much smoother. I haven't had any problems until the 09.02 the homebutton wasn't doing its job as usual. I press the homebutton but it doesn't go from the app to the homescreen until i press a second time and it doesn't go to the multi tasking menu any more (keep press the homebutton to go the multi tasking menu. This doesn't work anymore. I restarted the phone and the problem was gone but it returned a day after that. I thought the firmware has some issues so I flashed the 4.4.2 firmware of my country when it came out on the 10.02 and the problem was gone but it returned again 3 days after that. When I restart my phone the problem disappears for several hours and then it comes back but worse. I tried to uninstall some apps. I thought it had worked but the problem returned today again.

Have you had similar problems? Do you think it is a problem related to the 4.4.2 firmware or due to a specific app? Could it be water damage (I tend to use my Note 3 with wet hands sometimes) ?

jdomadia
Old
Thanks Meter 195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakirsaad200 View Post
On the 31.01 I flashed the official Android 4.4.2 firmware of Poland (N9005XXUENB3) on my Note 3 (SM-9005). Odin didn't want to start the installing so i removed the battery from the device and tried to start installing again. It did and everything went well. My device was so much smoother. I haven't had any problems until the 09.02 the homebutton wasn't doing its job as usual. I press the homebutton but it doesn't go from the app to the homescreen until i press a second time and it doesn't go to the multi tasking menu any more (keep press the homebutton to go the multi tasking menu. This doesn't work anymore. I restarted the phone and the problem was gone but it returned a day after that. I thought the firmware has some issues so I flashed the 4.4.2 firmware of my country when it came out on the 10.02 and the problem was gone but it returned again 3 days after that. When I restart my phone the problem disappears for several hours and then it comes back but worse. I tried to uninstall some apps. I thought it had worked but the problem returned today again.

Have you had similar problems? Do you think it is a problem related to the 4.4.2 firmware or due to a specific app? Could it be water damage (I tend to use my Note 3 with wet hands sometimes) ?
Try to keep your mobile in rice for 24 hours if problem is due to wet it will sort out.

GIVE ONE THANKS GET ONE FREE