Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Split screen after installing CM 10.1 and 9

Tip us?

Krammig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Split screen after installing CM 10.1 and 9

I have followed carefully (twice) the instal Tut's for both CM 9 and CM 10.1 however I have a screen problem and hang on start up.

When turning on the Atrix 4G (MB860) it seems to start Ok saying Unlocked and the Red M logo shows in the middle, as normal.

Then suddenly the screen seems to split into segments so there are 2 Unlocked texts at the top and an M in the middle at he very bottom, and two half M's either side. The phone hangs at that point.

Any ideas please ?

thanks

thecjan
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krammig View Post
I have followed carefully (twice) the instal Tut's for both CM 9 and CM 10.1 however I have a screen problem and hang on start up.

When turning on the Atrix 4G (MB860) it seems to start Ok saying Unlocked and the Red M logo shows in the middle, as normal.

Then suddenly the screen seems to split into segments so there are 2 Unlocked texts at the top and an M in the middle at he very bottom, and two half M's either side. The phone hangs at that point.

Any ideas please ?

thanks
that was normal, everyone have 2 unlocked & 2 1/2 logos. just wait, it took 3~5 minutes to boot.

Krammig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecjan View Post
that was normal, everyone have 2 unlocked & 2 1/2 logos. just wait, it took 3~5 minutes to boot.
Thanks for that feedback. I tried again but it is still doing the same thing. I even went for a walk around the block to give it time

thecjan
Old
Thanks Meter 10
do you had full wipe?

Krammig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Correct yes.

Via the Advanced section I did a Cache, Dalvik, System etc etc.

Then I installed the CM-9 same hanging situation.

Full wipe again via all items, then I tried 10.1 same hanging situation.

I have Unlocked the phone, and I did also Root the phone, but what if the Root didn't work, would it hang like this or do something different. I guess what I am asking is, can I check the root worked, or can I assume it worked if the install gets this far anyway ?

thanks

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 494
And i bet you're on a 3.1.10 kernel and if you turn off your device and plug it into charge, the battery meter doesn't flash. Am i right?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Krammig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@ palmbeac05 thanks for the reply. All I can see is Recovery v4.0.0.2 Not sure where to check for the Kernel as I can't get in any further than the M logo screen, (apart from the Recovery section)

thanks

thecjan
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
@ palmbeac05 thanks for the reply. All I can see is Recovery v4.0.0.2 Not sure where to check for the Kernel as I can't get in any further than the M logo screen, (apart from the Recovery section)

thanks
so, you did not flashed K's kernel ?

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:

thanks
First off, you should really update that recovery. 4.x recoveries have been long since retired. We're now on 5.0.2.x up to 6.0.4.4

Second, what exact rom are you using (meaning state the file name of the rom package you are using)?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Krammig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The ROM I have downloaded is cm-10.1-20131211-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-olympus.zip

And gapps-jb-20131207-olympus.zip

I tried gapps-kk-20140105.zip but it came up with an error during the install.

I hope I am using the correct versions as these are the ones I could find on the net ?

cheers