Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Porting an Android ROM of higher version to a device having lower Android Version

Tip us?

MerbinJAnselm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sign Porting an Android ROM of higher version to a device having lower Android Version

Are there any tutorials regarding porting Android of higher version (say Android 4.4) to a device having a lower Android version (say Android 4.2).
All I need is, does the normal 'porting' method applies for the above or not. If not, please suggest me a tutorial. Thanks in advance!!

v1tesse
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerbinJAnselm View Post
Are there any tutorials regarding porting Android of higher version (say Android 4.4) to a device having a lower Android version (say Android 4.2).
All I need is, does the normal 'porting' method applies for the above or not. If not, please suggest me a tutorial. Thanks in advance!!
It's not always quite so simple. The method of installing a custom ROM depends on the device, so I suggest searching for ROMs that are made for the device in question.

There, you can find specific instructions and further guidance.

Just make sure you know what the risks of doing this are and be thoroughly informed before proceeding.
The Following User Says Thank You to v1tesse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JunDavis
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Answer please

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

Code:
System.out.println("Java is your friend!");
The Following User Says Thank You to JunDavis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MerbinJAnselm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1tesse View Post
It's not always quite so simple. The method of installing a custom ROM depends on the device, so I suggest searching for ROMs that are made for the device in question.

There, you can find specific instructions and further guidance.

Just make sure you know what the risks of doing this are and be thoroughly informed before proceeding.
Thanks a lot v1tesse !!