Sign Porting an Android ROM of higher version to a device having lower Android Version

OP MerbinJAnselm

30th December 2013, 02:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Are there any tutorials regarding porting Android of higher version (say Android 4.4) to a device having a lower Android version (say Android 4.2).
All I need is, does the normal 'porting' method applies for the above or not. If not, please suggest me a tutorial. Thanks in advance!!
1st January 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerbinJAnselm

Are there any tutorials regarding porting Android of higher version (say Android 4.4) to a device having a lower Android version (say Android 4.2).
All I need is, does the normal 'porting' method applies for the above or not. If not, please suggest me a tutorial. Thanks in advance!!

It's not always quite so simple. The method of installing a custom ROM depends on the device, so I suggest searching for ROMs that are made for the device in question.

There, you can find specific instructions and further guidance.

Just make sure you know what the risks of doing this are and be thoroughly informed before proceeding.
The Following User Says Thank You to v1tesse For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #3  
Flag Crestview
Thanks Meter: 135

554 posts
More
Answer please

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to JunDavis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1tesse

It's not always quite so simple. The method of installing a custom ROM depends on the device, so I suggest searching for ROMs that are made for the device in question.

There, you can find specific instructions and further guidance.

Just make sure you know what the risks of doing this are and be thoroughly informed before proceeding.

Thanks a lot v1tesse !!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread