Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT] Slow-Motion Video Recording

Tip us?
 
GTARaja
Old
(Last edited by GTARaja; 12th June 2014 at 06:23 AM.)
#1  
GTARaja's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 203
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dharwad
Default [ROOT] Slow-Motion Video Recording

Since our device E7 has got the capability of recording 4k n slow motion video...i tried all the apps present in the app store...since our device has the option for hfr in camera apk but it is not implemented...so after lot of findings looks like i got it working..Cant say it works 100% or not. But try

ROOT Required

First Download two apps (Only one required..ill suggest focal app)

1) Moto X Camera App Here

2) Focal Camera App which is an open source camera app Here

Download the media_profiles.xml file from the attachment

push media_profiles.xml to /system/etc/ using adb or root explorer and set permissions if necessary rw-r--r--

Also please check if without replacing the media_profiles.xml you are able to record slo motion with the app or not..cuz without replacing i was having a video which was too laggy...Report me if u find something


Sample Video :http://youtu.be/9r6nzvRroZA
Attached Files
File Type: rar media_profiles.rar - [Click for QR Code] (2.6 KB, 176 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GTARaja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DeceptiPrime
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 184
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi

 
DONATE TO ME
can you upload one recorded video ?
 
GTARaja
Old
#3  
GTARaja's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 203
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dharwad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptiPrime View Post
can you upload one recorded video ?
i can try...not enough speed so..
 
avi21
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: May 2014
Default Not able to install

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARaja View Post
Since our device E7 has got the capability of recording 4k n slow motion video...i tried all the apps present in the app store...since our device has the option for hfr in camera apk but it is not implemented...so after lot of findings looks like i got it working..Cant say it works 100% or not. But try

ROOT Required

First Download two apps

1) Moto X Camera App Here

2) Focal Camera App which is an open source camera app Here

Download the media_profiles.xml file from the attachment

push media_profiles.xml to /system/etc/ using adb or root explorer and set permissions if necessary rw-r--r--

Also please check if without replacing the media_profiles.xml you are able to record slo motion with the app or not..cuz without replacing i was having a video which was too laggy...Report me if u find something
bro not able to install moto x camera giving error that "theRE was a problem parsing the package"
 
GTARaja
Old
#5  
GTARaja's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 203
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dharwad
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi21 View Post
bro not able to install moto x camera giving error that "theRE was a problem parsing the package"
try focal its better
 
DeceptiPrime
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 184
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi

 
DONATE TO ME
how do start recording it always show error while recording

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

im getting frameskip
 
GTARaja
Old
#7  
GTARaja's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 203
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dharwad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptiPrime View Post
how do start recording it always show error while recording

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

im getting frameskip
did u tried replacing the media_profiles.xml frameskip can be solved that way..cuz bitrate is quite low...so i changed that in media_profiles
 
DeceptiPrime
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 184
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARaja View Post
did u tried replacing the media_profiles.xml frameskip can be solved that way..cuz bitrate is quite low...so i changed that in media_profiles
Yes i overwrite it with esFile explorer and gave it rw--r--r
 
GTARaja
Old
#9  
GTARaja's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 203
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dharwad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptiPrime View Post
Yes i overwrite it with esFile explorer and gave it rw--r--r
okay after installing the app n media_profile...open focal...select video res as 720p then increase the framerate to whatever u want..60,90,120
120 will be little grainy
 
DeceptiPrime
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 184
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi

 
DONATE TO ME
alright i did it now on 720p frame rate 90
actual video i got of 11fps 10mbps bitrate

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes