Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 53,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trouble installing kitkat roms on D802, help?

Tip us?
 
ZombieDawgg
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default [Q] Trouble installing kitkat roms on D802, help?

Hi,

I've recently installed cwm 6.0.4.4 on my LG G2. It installed pretty flawlessly, and I can flash pretty much any custom ROM... Except the ones running 4.4 or higher. I flashed CM 10.2 and it runs well, but when I try to install CM11, or any other kitkat rom I get this error:

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

E: Error in /data/media/0/[Insert name of rom here]
(status 7)
Installation aborted

I get the same error every time, no matter what 4.4 rom I try to flash.

I also tried TWRP (whatever the latest version is) and I also get an error.

Any idea how to fix this frustrating issue?

Thanks
 
spinninbsod
Old
#2  
spinninbsod's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 414
Join Date: May 2013
Location: new york city
Try redownloading the ROM or a different ROM sounds like a bad download I can't help you much because I have the verizon variant but try doing that and it sounds like you can restore backups so prob just a bad download


I Am NoT responsible for any bricks when you root flash or anything like that hope you get it working

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
 
ZombieDawgg
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninbsod View Post
Try redownloading the ROM or a different ROM sounds like a bad download I can't help you much because I have the verizon variant but try doing that and it sounds like you can restore backups so prob just a bad download


I Am NoT responsible for any bricks when you root flash or anything like that hope you get it working

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
I tried that, its literally every KitKat ROM I try to flash.
 
Mikkey81
Old
#4  
Mikkey81's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 44
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milwaukee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieDawgg View Post
I tried that, its literally every KitKat ROM I try to flash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusly View Post
TWRP 2.6.3.2 isn't the latest release, so that might be your problem. Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2469995 flash the new zip from your current TWRP, and you should be able to flash KitKat ROMs now. Or, if you prefer CWM, there's PhilZ Touch CWM here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554053
This guy had a similar issue. I would say try installing PhilZ Touch CWM for the 802.
Maybe try TWRP.

Its gotta be the recovery.

Sorry I have a VS980, I honestly have issues with TWRP and use the recovery you have.
You could use flashify direct from your device if you hunt down the .IMG.

Give it a shot. BTW not my problem it you brick your phone... I will however try to help you get back up and running.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikkey81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
corrsea
Old
#5  
corrsea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 591
Posts: 1,412
Join Date: Apr 2010
See my post here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50361473

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to corrsea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ZombieDawgg
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkey81 View Post
This guy had a similar issue. I would say try installing PhilZ Touch CWM for the 802.
Maybe try TWRP.

Its gotta be the recovery.

Sorry I have a VS980, I honestly have issues with TWRP and use the recovery you have.
You could use flashify direct from your device if you hunt down the .IMG.

Give it a shot. BTW not my problem it you brick your phone... I will however try to help you get back up and running.

Thanks, it worked brilliantly!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Wear App Review: EchoWear Song Search – XDA Developer TV

Yesterday on XDA Developer TV, Producer AdamOutler tore down a Samsung … more

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more