Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[Q] best rom for g2

OP jdclemens23

16th February 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
So i just got the g2 about a week ago, coming from an iphone and getting back into android. I was curious what the most stable rom was for the g2 and which ones were good in your opinions. Also i have looked a little into rooting it but there seems to be more steps than i temember with my droid x2. Could someone post the steps or link me to a thread that thoroughly describes it, all help is appreciated, thanks friends
16th February 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdclemens23

So i just got the g2 about a week ago, coming from an iphone and getting back into android. I was curious what the most stable rom was for the g2 and which ones were good in your opinions. Also i have looked a little into rooting it but there seems to be more steps than i temember with my droid x2. Could someone post the steps or link me to a thread that thoroughly describes it, all help is appreciated, thanks friends


[ROM ZVA][Team 420]OpTimuS DE V2.1{Furnace Kernel}{Stock Optimized}{02/14/14}{Odex} in my opinion this rom is the best for the g2
16th February 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #3  
android404's Avatar
Senior Member
Oslo
Thanks Meter: 481
 
773 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdclemens23

So i just got the g2 about a week ago, coming from an iphone and getting back into android. I was curious what the most stable rom was for the g2 and which ones were good in your opinions. Also i have looked a little into rooting it but there seems to be more steps than i temember with my droid x2. Could someone post the steps or link me to a thread that thoroughly describes it, all help is appreciated, thanks friends

If this thread is open long enough, every rom available will be suggested at least once. If there was a "best rom", there would only be one rom. Are you capable of understanding this fact? That's why threads like this are forbidden on xda.
17th February 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by android404

If this thread is open long enough, every rom available will be suggested at least once. If there was a "best rom", there would only be one rom. Are you capable of understanding this fact? That's why threads like this are forbidden on xda.

I understand the flaw in the way i put the title, but i was asking about the most stable rom. Also i was asking people for their opinions of the rom, so yes i would get multiple rom suggestions. Yes i am capable of understanding the fact, thank you for the condescending reply on my first post here though i feel very ****ing welcomed
17th February 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Personally for me I am using the Inverted Energy ROM with furnace kernel and I couldn't be happier. Sure its not a kitkat rom, but it runs smooth and reliably. If you have a d801 device check Energy ROM out.
17th February 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Saint Paul
Thanks Meter: 6
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdclemens23

I understand the flaw in the way i put the title, but i was asking about the most stable rom. Also i was asking people for their opinions of the rom, so yes i would get multiple rom suggestions. Yes i am capable of understanding the fact, thank you for the condescending reply on my first post here though i feel very ****ing welcomed

For what it's worth, I'm using Paranoid Android on the VS980 and its pretty great. Very vanilla right now, but I like it that way.

Also, put your armor on because that's just XDA's schtick. You'll usually get ridiculed before you are given a kind hand and pointed the right direction. It's a great place to find resources, but it can also be a nightmare to locate the people who aren't riding around the forum with their noses up.
Last edited by zero0422; 17th February 2014 at 07:05 PM.
17th February 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Norway
Thanks Meter: 52
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero0422

For what it's worth, I'm using Paranoid Android on the VS980 and its pretty great. Very vanilla right now, but I like it that way.

Also, put your armor on because that's just XDA's schtick. You'll usually get ridiculed before you are given a kind hand and pointed the right direction. It's a great place to find resources, but it can also be a nightmare to locate the people who aren't riding around the forum with their noses up.

Inb4 elitist ****storm and lock

For the best stability a stock or LG Flex based rom is recommended
Also, by far the best kernel for this phone is Dorimanx' kernel (for stock and flex roms)
Recently, the developer of the most popular rom quit developing his rom further, but it's still the best in my book. If you want stability, simplicity and lightweight I'd definitely look at either Cloudyfa's Flex rom or just keeping it stock, rooting it, debloating it yourself and using some of the great Xposed modules that are available for the G2.
17th February 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Thanks for the recent suggestions guys they've great. I have the g2 from Verizon so its the vs 980. Are the flex roms the ones that can be used on any of the models? I have just rooted my device so I'm looking into how to debloat. Ive usually preferred a rom over the stock. And as far as the different kernels go, im completely in the dark about them, I've never experimented with loading new ones on my phone. My game consist of just flashing the roms. With my droid x2 it had the removable sd card but with the g2 I'm a little confused on the route to take when flashing the rom itself
17th February 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 170
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Just one advice.
use any stock ROM and avoid kitkat for now because they don't include native applications like quickremote.
I've tried many roms including kitkat roms and finally came back to a ROM based on stock firmware.
good luck.
17th February 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #10  
wedgess's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Dublin, Ireland
Thanks Meter: 13,585
 
2,832 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
We do not allow best ROM/Kernel threads on XDA. Depending on your use and your liking what is best for you may not be best for someone else and vice-versa. Head over to the development section try some out and see which "best" suits your needs.

Thread closed

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes