Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Twerk my moto help

Tip us?
 
volkerc
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Twerk my moto help

Could someone please explain what are the steps to get this doen?

See topic here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541398

As I'm not allowed to post in that topic, I"m posting it here. What am i trying to do? Have a few Razr I with locked bootloader that I would like to root without unlocking the bootloader. One is on jellybean the other one on ics.
 
5m00v3
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 108
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hamburg, DE
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkerc View Post
Could someone please explain what are the steps to get this doen?
1. Install RAZRi drivers
2. Download ADB files (ADB is a comandline-tool, google how to use)
3. Connect your RAZRi to PC and check if ADB shows it as device.
4. Follow the Steps from the Link

Works maybe only on JB! (you can try it on ICS)
Phones: HTC Explorer (Pico) - CyanogenMod / Razr i - Root with locked BL Daily / Huawei G510-0100 - as developer device
[HARDWARE MOD] Microphone Cover - RAZRi - - - - - [APP] Playstation Mobile - ROOT needed
 
volkerc
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5m00v3 View Post
1. Install RAZRi drivers
2. Download ADB files (ADB is a comandline-tool, google how to use)
3. Connect your RAZRi to PC and check if ADB shows it as device.
4. Follow the Steps from the Link

Works maybe only on JB! (you can try it on ICS)
thanks for your post. i did all that this weekend. device is shown, however, it seems i have a problem getting the files pushed. casue once i enter the shell command it returns file not found.
 
5m00v3
Old
(Last edited by 5m00v3; 10th February 2014 at 04:19 PM.)
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 108
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hamburg, DE
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkerc View Post
thanks for your post. i did all that this weekend. device is shown, however, it seems i have a problem getting the files pushed. casue once i enter the shell command it returns file not found.
ok, than you have to extract the zip-Archiv (TwerkMyMoto-1.0.zip) in the ADB-Folder.
Sorry, i have missed that step...
The 3 files have to be together with the adb.exe in one folder!

good luck!
Phones: HTC Explorer (Pico) - CyanogenMod / Razr i - Root with locked BL Daily / Huawei G510-0100 - as developer device
[HARDWARE MOD] Microphone Cover - RAZRi - - - - - [APP] Playstation Mobile - ROOT needed
 
volkerc
Old
(Last edited by volkerc; 14th February 2014 at 02:30 PM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Never mind.
I used vroot to root both Razr I's without unlocking the Bootloader. Worked instantly. And then I used Dr. Fones software to search for the files, but it was gone beyond repair. So thanks for the input here, and thanks to Motorola or android whoever wasn't capable to install a recycle bin from the factory.
 
Hazou
Old
#6  
Hazou's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 840
Posts: 589
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkerc View Post
Never mind.
I used vroot to root both Razr I's without unlocking the Bootloader. Worked instantly. And then I used Dr. Fones software to search for the files, but it was gone beyond repair. So thanks for the input here, and thanks to Motorola or android whoever wasn't capable to install a recycle bin from the factory.
Most likely it isnt beyond repair. You never touched the boot or other partitions. Just flash the installed stock ROM by rsd lite. And all will be as good as new.

But why do u use vroot? Why not a working one from this device forum. And before u wine about a recycle bin left out, its not windows, linux or anything. Its your fault, read what it does. And if u don't know what u are doing, read how to repair things before even starting to use tools like this. But if I totally misunderstood you, I am sorry!

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app
 
volkerc
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazou View Post
Most likely it isnt beyond repair. You never touched the boot or other partitions. Just flash the installed stock ROM by rsd lite. And all will be as good as new.

But why do u use vroot? Why not a working one from this device forum. And before u wine about a recycle bin left out, its not windows, linux or anything. Its your fault, read what it does. And if u don't know what u are doing, read how to repair things before even starting to use tools like this. But if I totally misunderstood you, I am sorry!

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app
Are you friggin kidding me?
Instead of helping you are critizing me and start a personal attack by saying it's my fault!?

UNBELIEVABLE!

First off, I started a topic here weeks ago trying to get help to recover my file. Well, guess what, no help, no response!
Then I asked for help to root, cause NONE of the "working" solutions I found here worked for a locked bootloader RazrI !!!!
So now after I used Vroot, which worked instantly you come around!?

The file I tried to recover is gone. It was an audio file that meant a lot to me. Gone forever, and yes thanks for rubbing it in, yes my fault because i ACCIDENTALLY deleted it, by swiping over the file.

And yes, if a recycle bin would have been included from the factory everyone could have recovered that file in a heartbeat without making a doctor in computer systems, without rooting. Or any other modifications.

Thanks for your post, as it goes to show how bad some people are.
 
5m00v3
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 108
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hamburg, DE
Sorry to hear the complete story.
But your post was only about "TwerkMyMoto". Nothing more!
If you had given us more info we could help you better.
Phones: HTC Explorer (Pico) - CyanogenMod / Razr i - Root with locked BL Daily / Huawei G510-0100 - as developer device
[HARDWARE MOD] Microphone Cover - RAZRi - - - - - [APP] Playstation Mobile - ROOT needed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes