Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One XL stoped working

Tip us?

Wd-Ibrahim 94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy HTC One XL stoped working

Hi , I have this strange problem with my HOXL ..
at the start I was running Viper XL 4.2 .. decided to switch to cm11 .. when I did everything worked perfectly except the phone , It was force closing during calls , even though calls worked with cm 10.1
installed ruu 3.18 then installed cm11 again and then I was able to make calls .. not sure if I reinstalled HBOOT 2.15 after that or not !! can't recall

but this is not the problem ..
after a while the earpiece stoped .. i couldn't hear during calls, but I was able to hear with the headphones.. tried installing stock .. same problem .. reflashed cm11 did every wipe .. same problem !!
I thought It was a problem with the hardware .. so I decided to open the phone I but after I did the screen didn't work , and when I call from another phone It tells me it's closed .. although the phone vibrates when I power it up and the buttons flash .. but screen is off , ADB and fastboot doesn't work ,can't boot into bootloader ,, or I can't see .. and I can't receive calls .

the reason could be a damage in the screen , because I had a problem disassembling it .. I think I inserted the clips between the screen and the bevel arround it at the first time .. but this shouldn't make anything to the rest of the phone like receicving calls .. and adb should work in that case

there's no HTC store in my country .. don't know what to do .. I'll be thankful for your help

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wd-Ibrahim 94 View Post
Hi , I have this strange problem with my HOXL ..
at the start I was running Viper XL 4.2 .. decided to switch to cm11 .. when I did everything worked perfectly except the phone , It was force closing during calls , even though calls worked with cm 10.1
installed ruu 3.18 then installed cm11 again and then I was able to make calls .. not sure if I reinstalled HBOOT 2.15 after that or not !! can't recall

but this is not the problem ..
after a while the earpiece stoped .. i couldn't hear during calls, but I was able to hear with the headphones.. tried installing stock .. same problem .. reflashed cm11 did every wipe .. same problem !!
I thought It was a problem with the hardware .. so I decided to open the phone I but after I did the screen didn't work , and when I call from another phone It tells me it's closed .. although the phone vibrates when I power it up and the buttons flash .. but screen is off , ADB and fastboot doesn't work ,can't boot into bootloader ,, or I can't see .. and I can't receive calls .

the reason could be a damage in the screen , because I had a problem disassembling it .. I think I inserted the clips between the screen and the bevel arround it at the first time .. but this shouldn't make anything to the rest of the phone like receicving calls .. and adb should work in that case

there's no HTC store in my country .. don't know what to do .. I'll be thankful for your help
Well my first piece of advice would be to not open the phone up again. There may not be an actual HTC centre in your country, but surely there must be some kind of mobile repair place you can take it to?
HTC Evita | CandyKat | Torched KK
S-off | 2.18 | TWRP 2.7.1.0
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]