[CWM][DEV] ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.8 - BroadcomCM [TOTORO]

Search This thread

WhiteWolf

Jan 11, 2013
Dude I found a bug.... While restoring a nandroid backup... It gives error like error formatting /system and the phone gets soft bricked.... :confused:

Just Press Thanks If I helped :)

bieltv3

Jun 12, 2012
Barcelona
Dude I found a bug.... While restoring a nandroid backup... It gives error like error formatting /system and the phone gets soft bricked.... :confused:

Just Press Thanks If I helped :)

Was the backup made with that recovery?

EDIT: hmm this happened to me while restoring rfs file system on nandroid restore, Ive an idea for it ;)

Enviado desde mi C5303 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

killoid

Feb 5, 2013
Hmm I think so, as it is temporary, try kt, it will not break it.

i tried it. backing up was successful except sd-ext,says it may not supported by my device. mounting sd-ext also didn't work for me,says error while mounting. i am using link2sd & ext3 file system. & in advanced menu clicking error report says the log file is copied to sdcard but i didn't found any recovery log. pressing show log did show logs. i didn't try other features as i've no pc now,so couldn't take risks.

& another req, can you plz make the power button to go back as the home button also selects. so i think we don't need two buttons to act similar. also i used to go back via power button on my previous recovery,so it's causing me some issues. hope you will consider it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteWolf

SpaceCaker

Mar 26, 2011
netherlands
www.youtube.com
Was the backup made with that recovery?

EDIT: hmm this happened to me while restoring rfs file system on nandroid restore, Ive an idea for it ;)

On the old galaxy Ace i had this issue aswell

u need to have ext4 Stock rom to be able to restore it when u are using a ext4 rom at current one.
and if u convert ur system to rfs in rom like cm7 or such then u would be able to restore rfs

its like this

backup rfs -> rfs then u need to be on a rfs based rom to restore it back
backup ext4 -> ext4 then u need to be on a ext4 based rom to restore it .

this is what i had on the galaxy ace. i think it counts for this recovery aswell

killoid

Feb 5, 2013
@bieltv.3 i've attached the recovery log. hope you'll find the issue what's causing the sd-ext not to mount on my phone. & i requested a feature earlier in post #25,what about that?

p.s. i created sd-ext partition using minitool on pc.

SpaceCaker

Mar 26, 2011
netherlands
www.youtube.com
@bieltv.3 i've attached the recovery log. hope you'll find the issue what's causing the sd-ext not to mount on my phone. & i requested a feature earlier in post #25,what about that?

p.s. i created sd-ext partition using minitool on pc.

doesnt menu or Back button redirects to back ?

On my own device Power button is also select button
and more buttons idont have xD on my acer then.

but on a ton of phones its either Home button or Power button but most recoveries use Power button now as a ton of phones no longer have home button (physical)

Sent from my S500 using xda app-developers app

killoid

Feb 5, 2013
doesnt menu or Back button redirects to back ?

On my own device Power button is also select button
and more buttons idont have xD on my acer then.

but on a ton of phones its either Home button or Power button but most recoveries use Power button now as a ton of phones no longer have home button (physical)

i am used to press power button to go back as it has a physical home button to select. so i am misdeedly pressing the power button to go back repeatedly! i wonder what will happen when i am on wipe data option & suddenly pressed power button! :silly: that's why i asked it.

dimsar2013

May 20, 2013
Athens
Amazing! Congratulations for your work. I think I will use this recovery from now on. Bye-Bye old CWM.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sameer.n.soni

Jan 1, 2014
Bhilai
[Solved]Restore not working

Sir I love it's new interface but it won't restore a backup created by Skin1980's CWM.

Edit: Sir -CALIBAN666- explained that we can restore a backup made by the particular CWM by that CWM only

Last edited:

PREMOLIKES

Mar 23, 2009
Imphal
Sir I love it's new interface but it won't restore a backup created by Skin1980's CWM.

Edit: Sir CALIBAN666 explained that we can restore a backup made by the particular CWM by that CWM only
I think we can't fully restore including kernel , if u separately restore system , data that way you can do that. Also check whether your back up is ext4 and ur kernel is compatible

Top Liked Posts