[Q] Unrooted 4.4 with qe 1/1

Search This thread

Summersett

Apr 24, 2011
I failed to retain root when updating my Maxx from 4.2.2 to 4.4. This is confirmed by Root Checker Pro, SuperSU, etc. However, when I boot into recovery, it shows "qe 1/1" which means I should still have root. Is there any way I can use this to my advantage to regain root, or is it some kind of glitch? I appreciate any help/thoughts.

EDIT: I'm aware there is no current method to root from stock 4.4. This is simply asking if I'm special due to my weird recovery status.

Last edited:

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
I failed to retain root when updating my Maxx from 4.2.2 to 4.4. This is confirmed by Root Checker Pro, SuperSU, etc. However, when I boot into recovery, it shows "qe 1/1" which means I should still have root. Is there any way I can use this to my advantage to regain root, or is it some kind of glitch? I appreciate any help/thoughts.

EDIT: I'm aware there is no current method to root from stock 4.4. This is simply asking if I'm special due to my weird recovery status.

Tha qe thing doesn't mean jack for root it doesn't even work correctly and to answer your question no you can not use it to your advantage sorry.

Summersett

Apr 24, 2011
Tha qe thing doesn't mean jack for root it doesn't even work correctly and to answer your question no you can not use it to your advantage sorry.

I'd appreciate if you'd include a link where someone with some credibility says "Tha qe thing doesn't mean jack for root." Please don't reply if you don't know... This was directed more towards a dev or someone that would know if the 1/1 means I have root files somewhere on my system still that can still be used.

Otherwise, I know the old droid line (Bionic/RAZR's) had a bunch of malfunctioning recovery qe status', but I imagine if they didn't at least semi-work how they intended it to, they wouldn't still be there.

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
I'd appreciate if you'd include a link where someone with some credibility says "Tha qe thing doesn't mean jack for root." Please don't reply if you don't know... This was directed more towards a dev or someone that would know if the 1/1 means I have root files somewhere on my system still that can still be used.

Otherwise, I know the old droid line (Bionic/RAZR's) had a bunch of malfunctioning recovery qe status', but I imagine if they didn't at least semi-work how they intended it to, they wouldn't still be there.

You ungrateful little piss-ant you want someone with credibility how about you do your own research I am not wasting my time with an ungrateful little **** like you. You asked a simple albeit stupid question then give me **** and insult me for answering it. If you wanted a dev to answer it you should have specified but I doubt they would waste their time with such an idiotic question. Let me make it clear the 1/1 1/0/0/0 I dont car what combination you put together it will not do JACK for getting you root dumbass. Hey look at all the responses you got for your question oh thats right only me. What a moron don't worry I will never respond to another post you make I hope no one else does either.

Reactions: boyer61

Summersett

Apr 24, 2011
You ungrateful little piss-ant you want someone with credibility how about you do your own research I am not wasting my time with an ungrateful little **** like you. You asked a simple albeit stupid question then give me **** and insult me for answering it. If you wanted a dev to answer it you should have specified but I doubt they would waste their time with such an idiotic question. Let me make it clear the 1/1 1/0/0/0 I dont car what combination you put together it will not do JACK for getting you root dumbass. Hey look at all the responses you got for your question oh thats right only me. What a moron don't worry I will never respond to another post you make I hope no one else does either.
Although I did ask for "thoughts" on the subject, replying with just a "no" and not giving any logical explanation behind it as to why is not helpful in any way whatsoever. I'm not saying the combination of 1/1 is going to magically give me root... My question was if recovery saying 1/1 means that the device has detected root files existing somewhere, or if it was simply a glitch like some DROID devices have had in the past. Perhaps I haven't got other responses because other users don't know the answer and aren't just trying to increase their post count by passing off opinions as facts (like I've seen you do in other threads as well). Glad you're going to save us both time by not replying anymore.

hawkswind1

Jun 11, 2012
Hope my answer and credentials will be acceptable to you.

The Kit Kat update switched it to 1/1. I think Motorola effectively disabled the root checker.

I booted into recovery on stock 4.2.2 and it was 0/0. After the 4.4 Kit Kat update, it became 1/1.

Reactions: Summersett

Summersett

Apr 24, 2011
Ahhh... Thank you very much! I would say they must have given up on it, then... Nice to finally get some closure on the fact that I'm stuck unrooted with no way out lol

Caseyk621

Mar 20, 2011
Rochester, NY
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ahhh... Thank you very much! I would say they must have given up on it, then... Nice to finally get some closure on the fact that I'm stuck unrooted with no way out lol

While I kinda agree w @bigv5150, his answer was a bit harsh lol. But seriously a really really quick Google search led to this....

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/759ad51d8f

Don't know why youd ask a question and then doubt the answer that was given....

Why not just research if you're not going to trust people ?? Think a flaming wasn't completely out of order.....

Sent from my KitKat Ultra

Summersett

Apr 24, 2011
While I kinda agree w @bigv5150, his answer was a bit harsh lol. But seriously a really really quick Google search led to this....

Why not just research if you're not going to trust people ?? Think a flaming wasn't completely out of order.....

I Google'd, it was just lack of proper search terms... I omitted "kitkat," not thinking that the recovery mattered whether it was on JB or KK. Just looking for "qe 1/1 unrooted" shows a lot of other mixed results and confusion. After hawkswind1 said his changed after updating, I googled "qe 1/1 kitkat" and obviously saw those threads at the Motorola forums. My bad. I'll accept that.

bigv5150 seemed to think that I thought the 1/1 was magically going to give me root powers. He/she clearly wasn't trying to help. I'm willing to trust people that obviously take the time to respond with logic and reasoning, not "Tha qe thing doesn't mean jack." That just sounds like an opinion.

Regardless, this doesn't need to get turned into more flaming. The question has been answered. Thank you all. Let's just let it go.

Reactions: aviwdoowks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope my answer and credentials will be acceptable to you.

The Kit Kat update switched it to 1/1. I think Motorola effectively disabled the root checker.

I booted into recovery on stock 4.2.2 and it was 0/0. After the 4.4 Kit Kat update, it became 1/1.

I Google'd, it was just lack of proper search terms... I omitted "kitkat," not thinking that the recovery mattered whether it was on JB or KK. Just looking for "qe 1/1 unrooted" shows a lot of other mixed results and confusion. After hawkswind1 said his changed after updating, I googled "qe 1/1 kitkat" and obviously saw those threads at the Motorola forums. My bad. I'll accept that.

bigv5150 seemed to think that I thought the 1/1 was magically going to give me root powers. He/she clearly wasn't trying to help. I'm willing to trust people that obviously take the time to respond with logic and reasoning, not "Tha qe thing doesn't mean jack." That just sounds like an opinion.

Regardless, this doesn't need to get turned into more flaming. The question has been answered. Thank you all. Let's just let it go.