5,606,297 Members 32,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Should I Att G Flex or stay with Att Note 3 ???

Tip us?

mastaofdacat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Default Should I Att G Flex or stay with Att Note 3 ???

Hey guys I have the option of getting the At&t Flex and making my plan cheaper. Problem is I love my Note 3 on AT&T but thier version has a frustrating GPS problem that can't be fixed at the moment. Whould you guys change to the Flex over the Note 3 ??

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

alhadee12
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastaofdacat View Post
Hey guys I have the option of getting the At&t Flex and making my plan cheaper. Problem is I love my Note 3 on AT&T but thier version has a frustrating GPS problem that can't be fixed at the moment. Whould you guys change to the Flex over the Note 3 ??

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
What GPS issues are you having? At this moment I haven't encountered any, but I will be traveling today and hopefully I won't run into any.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Searching for the right device.

gtamgs15
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhadee12 View Post
What GPS issues are you having? At this moment I haven't encountered any, but I will be traveling today and hopefully I won't run into any.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Not sure if its AT&T network or my phone. But as of recently, when I turn on GPS, it can't find me. It'll get a general area (within 1 mile), but nothing compared to what it used to do (within 30 feet).

alhadee12
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I haven't experienced those issues, but I'll use my Nexus 5 today when I travel to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Searching for the right device.

stillbrad
Old
Thanks Meter 6
G Flex sucks. The screen is horrible compared to note 3. As far as GPS... Just use a custom ROM and it will go away. Mine did.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mr pnut
Old
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillbrad View Post
G Flex sucks. The screen is horrible compared to note 3. As far as GPS... Just use a custom ROM and it will go away. Mine did.

Serious......... I have both and my flex is faster than my note 3 and with no lags, I flashed almost every international and U.S roms on my note 3 and I like my flex better being stock, but I'm done with Sammy and there dumb ass knox

Sent from my Enormous G Flex.

The Following User Says Thank You to mr pnut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stillbrad
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr pnut View Post
Serious......... I have both and my flex is faster than my note 3 and with no lags, I flashed almost every international and U.S roms on my note 3 and I like my flex better being stock, but I'm done with Sammy and there dumb ass knox

Lol. I love when people say that. The note has better internals. Yet it lags and the g flex is faster....haha. I'm on gummy ROM and its ridiculous fast and makes use of its 3gb of ram. Not to mention did I say the screen sucks? I guess if your stuck in 2007 when 720p was hot maybe u could like the flex not me I'm in 2014.

mr pnut
Old
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Lol. I love when people say that. The note has better internals. Yet it lags and the g flex is faster....haha. I'm on gummy ROM and its ridiculous fast and makes use of its 3gb of ram. Not to mention did I say the screen sucks? I guess if your stuck in 2007 when 720p was hot maybe u could like the flex not me I'm in 2014.

Sorry but gummy rom is not fast, dude note 3 just gets boring I had it since day one also with my gear and I got bored with both

The Following User Says Thank You to mr pnut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bp328i
Old
Thanks Meter 451
Quote:

I have the Note III, how do you say it has better internals than the Flex?

They have the same Snapdragon 800, they are both Quad cores, they both have the Adreno 330 graphics processor. The ONLY difference is the RAM, oh yeah the Flex has a 3500 mAh battery and the Note III has 3200 mAh battery. So how does the Note III have better internals again?

I'm not sticking up for the Flex here at all (I love my Note III) but it really can come down to the way Samsung and LG skin Android differently.
The Following User Says Thank You to bp328i For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yellowman82
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:

720p isnt the issue for the bad screen its the P-oled screen why do folks think its the 720p resolution?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk