Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HOX - AT&T - ViperXL - Continuous Reboot on startup for 12 hours

Tip us?

chip2013
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HOX - AT&T - ViperXL - Continuous Reboot on startup for 12 hours

I was using an older ViperXL ROM and loved it. I decided to update to the latest Full ROM currently posted here. Followed the guide from that thread. After completing the process seemingly successfully, I cannot use the device anymore. It has been continuously rebooting for over 12 hours. I left it trying overnight to see if it would eventually gain sanity... no joy. I can force to the TWRP configuration choices and have tried a couple of times with the .zip file that I validated for MD5 hash for ViperXL.

I have been choosing to omit a bunch of the apps such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. during the process. Just mention this in case there might be some interaction with the omission process.

Advice?

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,898

DONATE TO ME
You haven't provided your bootloader details, we need those please, the first five lines.

Sent from my Evita
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK.033 | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nitens
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Flashing with some twrp versions and some boatloads is problematic. I had a similar issue. S-off fixed everything right up.

So... Are you s-off?
The Following User Says Thank You to nitens For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,898

DONATE TO ME
That's what I was getting at when asking to see the bootloader details. Also need the other details as well as the s-on/s-off status.

Sent from my Evita
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK.033 | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chip2013
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks. Issue resolved by reloading the image.

Thanks to all who tried to help. Issue resolved by reloading the image from scratch. Interestingly enough, I recently decided to go back to stock with the HTC RUU for AT&T load because I needed to get the new HBOOT which is included. The RUU process went seemingly flawlessly but got stuck in the same type of continuous reboot for more than 11 hours as well. I went back and reapplied the RUU and everything is fine now too.