5,595,067 Members 40,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Window Phone app random syncing with Mac?

Tip us?

fmcgirt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Window Phone app random syncing with Mac?

I also posted about this problem on Windows Phone Central. Maybe some Mac user over here has seen this problem and can help.

I have an iMac running Mt. Lion OSX 10.8.4 and sometimes when I connect over USB everything is fine and other times it won't connect at all
and after numerous restarts of both the iMac and 1020, changing ports and cables, etc, I can't see what makes the difference. This of course is driving me crazy!!!

Sometimes the Mac recognizes that the 1020 has been connected but then puts up the error box and other times does not even acknowledge the connection.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

fmcgirt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thought I would respond to myself since nobody else seems to know much more. Tried removing all other USB cables from Mac, rebooted Mac, restarted 1020, plugged cable into 1020 first and then into Mac, started WP app and all seemed well. Did this a few times without any problems so I don't know. The only thing new that I tried this time was to remove all other USB cables and to plug cable into 1020 first. Who knows - maybe magic???

fmcgirt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Definitely NOT magic. Now I can't get it to connect no matter what I do. This is the pits!

cambo1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmcgirt View Post
Definitely NOT magic. Now I can't get it to connect no matter what I do. This is the pits!
You could possibly try a different cable, as I know that sometimes works, although apple and windows never really play well together at the best of times.