XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What is a Source Code?

Tip us?

davethebrave14
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Tablet [Q] What is a Source Code?

Im a bit lost here. I bricked my Kindle Fire HD 2013 model and i heard of this thing called a "source code". So i went and checked on amazons website and they had a list of files for kindles. (source codes) could i unbrick my kindle fire hd by flashing these files to the kindle? If so can someone guide me on how to do this? i have a fastboot cable.

thanks

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 500

DONATE TO ME
um well im lost as to why you are looking for source code, source code is the actual coding of programs and libraries before its compiled into something that is useable/runable on a device. if you need to fix a kindke you just need the system images to flash in fastboot typically. Personally i'm not familiar with how to restore a 2013 kindle, i assumed if someone would dd their system partition it woukd be as simple as flashing in fastboot, though i don't know if amazon changed the way the bootloader works like they did in the hdx's since they were released around the same time. The hdx's have no fastboot flashing capabilities thanks to amazon locking down on fastboot commands. I have heard instead they somehow fix their problems with adb but no clue as to how since that usually isnt available until the os boots up.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null