PurpleSmash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kingo root failed

SM-N9005
Baseband N9005XXUENA2
Build N9005XXUENA6

tried to root with Kingo, finished the process, saw supersu but when i tried to open it it says supersu not installed and was unable to install.
downloaded root checker it confirms that device has not been rooted. checked odin mode it says KNOX tripped
any idea?

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleSmash View Post
SM-N9005
Baseband N9005XXUENA2
Build N9005XXUENA6

tried to root with Kingo, finished the process, saw supersu but when i tried to open it it says supersu not installed and was unable to install.
downloaded root checker it confirms that device has not been rooted. checked odin mode it says KNOX tripped
any idea?
Yep, download laterst cf-root and flash with ODIN... You've already tripped Knox (there's no going back from that yet) so you may as well root it properly...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

scarcett
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I think that u r saying "su binary not installed?" Just update your supersu from playstore to the latest version n u are raring to go again...

PurpleSmash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarcett View Post
I think that u r saying "su binary not installed?" Just update your supersu from playstore to the latest version n u are raring to go again...
well, indeed SU binary not installed. however i ran root checker and it says device not rooted so i did the cf-auto root way since KNOX already tripped.