OP PurpleSmash

15th February 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
SM-N9005
Baseband N9005XXUENA2
Build N9005XXUENA6

tried to root with Kingo, finished the process, saw supersu but when i tried to open it it says supersu not installed and was unable to install.
downloaded root checker it confirms that device has not been rooted. checked odin mode it says KNOX tripped
any idea?
16th February 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 577

4,467 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleSmash

SM-N9005
Baseband N9005XXUENA2
Build N9005XXUENA6

tried to root with Kingo, finished the process, saw supersu but when i tried to open it it says supersu not installed and was unable to install.
downloaded root checker it confirms that device has not been rooted. checked odin mode it says KNOX tripped
any idea?

Yep, download laterst cf-root and flash with ODIN... You've already tripped Knox (there's no going back from that yet) so you may as well root it properly...
16th February 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 30

104 posts
I think that u r saying "su binary not installed?" Just update your supersu from playstore to the latest version n u are raring to go again...
16th February 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarcett

I think that u r saying "su binary not installed?" Just update your supersu from playstore to the latest version n u are raring to go again...

well, indeed SU binary not installed. however i ran root checker and it says device not rooted so i did the cf-auto root way since KNOX already tripped.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread