Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Play Store app update lag

Tip us?

ChiefIlliniwek5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Play Store app update lag

Whenever my tablet is updating apps it begins to lag tremendously. I'm running cm11 but this problem has been occurring since I was on the stock ROM. I've even flashed a kernel which overclocks to 1.7 ghz and with the interactive governor running it will still lag while updating apps. I tried to create a tasker profile which would initiate the performance governor whenever the play store app is open, but it doesn't help. Any ideas?

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIlliniwek5 View Post
Whenever my tablet is updating apps it begins to lag tremendously. I'm running cm11 but this problem has been occurring since I was on the stock ROM. I've even flashed a kernel which overclocks to 1.7 ghz and with the interactive governor running it will still lag while updating apps. I tried to create a tasker profile which would initiate the performance governor whenever the play store app is open, but it doesn't help. Any ideas?
Yep I've always got that. Someone said that it is a problem with the tablets hardware I/O, theres not much you can do about it.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE

f69m
Old
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIlliniwek5 View Post
Try using the ROW I/O scheduler that should be optionally available in most kernels.
It favours read operations over the slow write operations in the background.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

TheDougTechCrew
Old
Thanks Meter 8
You should really change your I/O scheduler and run TRIM and maybe change your Entropy so when I/O lag does come, its not as bad.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
If I help, hit "thanks"
Daily Driver: HTC ONE X(L) Evita T-Mobile
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012) Grouper

__________________________________________________ ___________________
I AM N00B FRIENDLY! ASK ME ANYTHING!
__________________________________________________ ____________________
R.I.P
LG Optimus V (Still miss it)
Samsung Galaxy Player (Replaced and gave to Mom)
iPhone 4 (Broken, will be repaired)