Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 41,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BBM changed my pin! =(

Tip us?

beto0216
Old
(Last edited by beto0216; 30th October 2013 at 04:56 PM.) Reason: added more information
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Phone BBM changed my pin! =(

So i have BBM i flashed a new rom yesterday and today i log back into the app with the same email and password. I clicked on Switch Devices button, and next thing you know im slapped with a new pin, it shows my contacts but somehow they arent my friends technically because i send them a message and it shows a little square with a check mark, instead of the D logo. I also lost admin privileges to my group that i had going on. Does anybody know a fix for this?!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Basebands
Mother of All AD-BLOCKING
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Social Networks
Twitter
Google+

WhoWhere
Old
Thanks Meter 85
It sounds like they linked your PIN to your Android id. If that is the case, you would need to go back to your previous nandroid and backup your Android id using titanium backup, reflash the new rom and then restore the messenger data.

joss7099
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoWhere View Post
It sounds like they linked your PIN to your Android id. If that is the case, you would need to go back to your previous nandroid and backup your Android id using titanium backup, reflash the new rom and then restore the messenger data.
Nandroid changes each time you change rom?

Device // Samsung_ Galaxy S3 [T-999/16GB] + 64GBSD
Rom // CyanogenMod_11_(20131216-NIGHTLY_) Android_ 4.4.2
Recovery // CWR_ Touch_ 6.0.4.3

CyanogendMod.org

TheLastSidekick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1915

DONATE TO ME
If that was the case our unique identifier for Google never changes. Its a static number like a MAC address. I'm sure BBM must use the same thing. Must be in their way of how they implemented it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Proud owner of LG Google Nexus 5.

WhoWhere
Old
Thanks Meter 85
My understanding is that the Android id changes every time you wipe the data partition. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2109484

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to WhoWhere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheLastSidekick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1915

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoWhere View Post
My understanding is that the Android id changes every time you wipe the data partition. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2109484

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Hmm there was one that gets tied to your Google Account and your phone and it wasn't changeable. But thanks for this gonna play around with it and see what it does.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

beto0216
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
hey guys sorry i didnt reply back to this, but i got a PM on my twitter from them and i just couldnt help but laugh to the response.

"A new PIN is generated if the BBM application is Deleted then Reinstalled. Thanks. ^RA"

Basebands
Social Networks
Twitter
Google+

TheLastSidekick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1915

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by beto0216 View Post
hey guys sorry i didnt reply back to this, but i got a PM on my twitter from them and i just couldnt help but laugh to the response.

"A new PIN is generated if the BBM application is Deleted then Reinstalled. Thanks. ^RA"
Couldn't imagine having to use BBM then. What a lame app.

beto0216
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick View Post
Couldn't imagine having to use BBM then. What a lame app.
right! so promising yet it sucks now because of that! im a flashoholic (did i spell that right) so this is no bueno!

Basebands
Social Networks
Twitter
Google+

alid_abdul
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It's weird, flashed my phone over and over, and now I use new handphone but my pin still same since the first time I download and register BBM.

Tags
bbm, changed, fix, mins