[KERNEL][USBHOST+LIVECOLOR][11/10] EternityProject Kernel 3.4.37 for LG Optimus 4X HD
Welcome to the EternityProject's Kernel for LG Optimus 4X HD Thread!
What is it?
It is a custom kernel with some updates and optimizations on Tegra3 platform and Cortex A9 MPCore management drivers.
Why should I flash it?
You should flash it only if you know what are you doing. Remember that it works only on LG Optimus 4X HD with unlocked bootloader.
If you know what are you doing, you shouldn't ask this question.
1. Copy the archive on your internal/external memory.
2. Reboot to CWM
3. Flash it
-- Memory and cache management optimizations
-- Modified Cortex-A9 (Tegra 3 core)'s cache behavior.
-- EternityProject Tegra 3 CPU Manager
-- Latest Tegra drivers
Great results on tests.
- Cleaned up touchscreen driver
- Added Android 4.3 kernel patches
- Auditing and SELinux support
- Enabled SmartDimmer (dummy, but makes nV blobs happy)
- TTY buffer size reduced to 4096
- Baseband random faults (usb-related) fixed
- USB Host activation code has been extended (cause of bb faults)
- Fix topdown memory allocation bug
- Enable Contiguous Memory Allocator
- Updates to Security layer (for Android 4.3 compat)
v0.16 - Beta 7
- Fix EternityProject LiveColor disable bug
- Compile in FIOPS I/O Scheduler
- Definitely fix vibrator for CyanogenMod
v0.15 - Beta 6
- Support BlueSleep for BlueDroid (for CM BT)
- Fix CM Torch app
v0.14 - Beta 5
- Fixed baseband weirdness when display off
- Implemented NFC power management
- Increased audio gain (max volume)
- Updates to USB framework
- Updates to workqueues (now lighter!)
v0.13b - Beta 4
- Increased vibrator duty for CM
- Enabled GPU overclock @584MHz by default
v0.13 - Beta 4
- Include eprjdemand governor
- Stabilization code for baseband
- Update to EPRJScheduling for CPU Manager: Lighter on CPU
- Trial to solve data connection issue after suspend
- Fixed bug on timed_output for CM
- Enable UHID for CM BT
- Latest vanilla GeForce ULP drivers (GPU)
- Unlinked shared bus
v0.11 - Beta 2
- New feature: EternityProject LiveColor (enabled by default)
- EternityProject ChargerBoost now working on X3
- Added timed_output interface for CM vibrator
- Use deadline iosched as default
v0.10 - Beta 1
- Battery life greatly improved compared to 0.02
- USB Host Mode functionality implemented
- NFC support implemented
- GPU @584MHz
- Wakelocks are now a lot less aggressive
- USB wakelock issue solved
- Bluetooth seems to be working perfectly now
v0.02 - Alpha
- Phone call bug solved
- Brightness setting bug on LGE ROM solved
- Battery temperature is now reported correctly
- Headset detection and headset button implemented
v0.01 - Development Snapshot, pre-alpha
- Remember: this is buggy as hell.
- EternityProject Tegra 3 CPU Manager
- EternityProject eprjdemand governor
- EternityProject sysfs Tools
- EternityProject Hybrid ClusterSwitch
- Optimized ARM routines
- Other optimizations here and there (I am too lazy to list)
- Removed useless debugging
Due to the bad hardware implementation of the power key, we've had to use bad hacks for its software implementation.
Since it is directly connected to the PMU, it is only firing IRQs and that means we didn't use the normal GPIO implementation, requiring you to use a little trick for taking screenshots on Android.
We're sorry for that, but I've had to make it (speaking about code) as light and as proper as possible, avoiding to use the really bad hacks that LGE used to write.
That's how that has to be done:
1. Press POWER KEY
2. Wait (one second) for the keys backlight to switch ON
3. Press VOLDN
4. Screenshot taken.
Using the new EternityProject Features:
Download our EternityTweak app from Play Store
or do it manually... :°)
EternityProject's USB Host Mode for LGE X3:
Due to hardware problems, I wasn't able to make you use normal ways of enabling it, so, here's what you need to do:
1. Activate USB Host Mode on EternityTweak (or "echo 1 > /sys/eprjmanager/usb_host_mode" from terminal emulator)
2. Connect an USB charger (or anything that provides VBUS IN -- a custom EternityProject hardware is about to come)
3. Disconnect the USB charger and connect the OTG cable with your USB device
4. Enjoy USB Host
By default, your devices allows to get 1A current only from AC adapters. With EternityProject ChargerBoost, you can allow the device to take 1A (fast charge) from your PC's USB, too!
Enable ChargerBoost: echo 1 > /sys/eprjmanager/charger_boost
Disable ChargerBoost: echo 0 > /sys/eprjmanager/charger_boost
NOTE: DETACH your USB cable prior enabling/disabling ChargerBoost, otherwise it won't work!
LiveColor makes you able to enhance your display with its calibration profile.
It applies a color lookup table to provide brilliant colors and better contrast.
Enable LiveColor: echo 1 > /sys/eprjmanager/livecolor
Disable LiveColor: echo 0 > /sys/eprjmanager/livecolor
NOTE: The LiveColor functionality is enabled by default.
EternityProject PowerLock (lock in LP mode!):
Lock in LP mode: echo 1 > /sys/eprjmanager/power_lock
Unlock to auto G/LP: echo 0 > /sys/eprjmanager/power_lock
EternityProject Benchmark Mode:
echo 0 > /sys/module/eprj_t3_cpumanager/parameters/auto_hotplug
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/online
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/online
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/online
echo 1 > /sys/eprjmanager/friedeggs
P.S.: Commands to be entered on Terminal Emulator, Script Manager (maybe), or ADB.
EternityProject Kernel 3.4.37 for LG Optimus 4X HD: EternityProject Website
NOTE: Make sure to download the right kernel for your ROM (Stock/CM)!
The EternityProject public repositories are self-hosted at http://pubgit.eternityproject.eu
The EternityProject Team Manager & Main Developer,