Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 36,695 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Modules for safestrap?

Tip us?

Raymondlikesroot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Modules for safestrap?

Hi guys,

If I already have a mk2 verizon s4, would I still need to flash the mk2 modules after flashing a mk2 base rom (hyperdrive rls 14)? I have gotten both answers- Yes, flash and No, don't flash- and I am not sure which one is actually correct.

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondlikesroot View Post
Hi guys,

If I already have a mk2 verizon s4, would I still need to flash the mk2 modules after flashing a mk2 base rom (hyperdrive rls 14)? I have gotten both answers- Yes, flash and No, don't flash- and I am not sure which one is actually correct.
I'm also a Safestrap user and I ALWAYS flash the MK2 kernel modules. I'm pretty sure you have to, but I'm not positive. Like I said I always flash the modules and I haven't had any problems .
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental
The Following User Says Thank You to riker147 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 808
Quote:
Hi guys,

It's what you have to do...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Raymondlikesroot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
It's what you have to do...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Ok thanks. Sorry if I disappointed you or anything... it's just that I heard from rootjunky on youtube that I didn't need to flash mk2 modules when I already had mk2.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 808
Quote:
Ok thanks. Sorry if I disappointed you or anything... it's just that I heard from rootjunky on youtube that I didn't need to flash mk2 modules when I already had mk2.
if you are running safestrap, you have to flash the kernel modules for your specific build base.
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,543

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi guys,

That would only be the case if you took the highly risky case of flashing over the stock ROM using Safestrap. If you flash to a non-stock slot, you must always flash the relevant kernel modules.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1