Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] EXTREMELY low call volume cm10

Tip us?

matt_bison
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] EXTREMELY low call volume cm10

Hey ive done a bunch of googling and searching and cant find a fix or a reason why this is happening.. I did a full data wipe/cache clear and installed the 12/26 nightly of cyanogenmod 10, and my speakerphone and in call volume is so low i cant even hear someone if im in the car or anywhere with any ambient noise.. the 12/27 didnt fix it for me either.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I cant post in the developer forum because of my post count but i have searched and found nothing on how to fix this issue... thanks

RobbieL811
Old
Thanks Meter 1650

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_bison View Post
Hey ive done a bunch of googling and searching and cant find a fix or a reason why this is happening.. I did a full data wipe/cache clear and installed the 12/26 nightly of cyanogenmod 10, and my speakerphone and in call volume is so low i cant even hear someone if im in the car or anywhere with any ambient noise.. the 12/27 didnt fix it for me either.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I cant post in the developer forum because of my post count but i have searched and found nothing on how to fix this issue... thanks
I think you mean CM10.1. They're working on it. There is something in the settings that you can change that might help it a little bit. Go to Settings>Advanced>Sound & select ”Extra gain in voice calls". It might help you out a little bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

SmoothTrickle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieL811 View Post
I think you mean CM10.1. They're working on it. There is something in the settings that you can change that might help it a little bit. Go to Settings>Advanced>Sound & select ”Extra gain in voice calls". It might help you out a little bit.

Has anyone found a fix for this? I cannot hear even with it maxed out and the boost button pressed.

Official_Noob
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieL811 View Post

Oh, really???
Well, if they haven't gotten to the volume problem yet, from when this response was posted in Dec. 2012... then I guess that their focus on this Beta software 10.1.3 just isn't in the cards for my N7100.
I just installed 10.1.3 yesterday... and am tremendously disappointed in the volume (among other things).
True that "Speaker Phone" during a call is utterly useless... even worse than just putting the phone up to my ear.
Even Lock Screen sound doesn't work.
Some sounds are barely audible... that is if I turn off the TV, close the door to the room, turn off the AC so that the air coming through the ceiling vents doesn't make any noise, etc. etc.
You'd think that after a year, and with the big influx of $$$'s to CM they just MIGHT have gotten around to making it so that when I'm pushing my cart through WalMart... I could actualy hear the conversation without constantly saying "Huh?".

geesedude
Old
Thanks Meter 3
(I'm posting this on all threads i can find because it was also very frustrating for me, with no solution whatsoever).

I had this same exact problem on my Galaxy S3. All my volume settings are at highest, and even when i press the volume up rocker during the call, it doesn't get louder. HERE'S THE SOLUTION THO (after countless hours of trying many, many different things)! Not sure if this works for other phones.

During the call, if you press the volume button, you should see the volume level bar with the "settings" icon next to it appear on your screen (look at the screen while the call is in progress). Press the "settings" button to open up the volume menu. If you're having low volume, you probably have all the volumes at their max. Put your finger on the volume slider and just move it lower then back higher, and you should notice that the volume goes higher than it was before. It's almost like it's stuck at what it thinks is the MAX level, and by sliding it back and forth, it's "unstucking" it, and allowing it to go higher to the true max level. Not sure why it does this, but after doing this, it should remain at the new higher volume for the next calls. I did notice that if you adjust the volume lower for anything else (say when you're watching a video, or turning it down because the ringer or notification sound is too loud), then it will get back to the low call volume and you have to slide it again to get it unstuck.

If anyone knows how to report this issue to the CM 11 coders, please forward...

Hope that helps!