Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 - home doesn't work

OP luke100ster

24th July 2013, 05:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi,
I downloaded a JB 4.2.2 CyanogenMod ROM from the original development's thread. I tried a couple of similar ROMs previously, but my home button doesn't work correctly on apparently any Ice Cream Sandwich + ROM. Essentially what happens is, when the screen is on, the home button is completely useless. Pressing it down, waiting for a few seconds - it just doesn't respond to any command. There are almost no options in the phone related to hardware buttons, and if I, for example, select an option to make holding down the hme button bring up the multitasking window, it still doesn't do anything. The only situation where I observed it doing anything is when the phone's screen is off - pressing the button instantly wakes the device up. I tried flashing the badass kernel, though it didn't really do much. Other hardware buttons seem to be working just fine. I had no such problem on CyanogenMod 7.2 and when I restore a backup with this system, it still works correctly. I don't have problems with getting into recovery either.

Another thing with this ROM is, the lockscreen doesn't appear, no matter if I set a security pattern, set it to slide or whatever else. Pressing the wake button or home button instantly wakes the device up.

I'm not sure whether it's a ROM-specific problem or what, but regardless, as a new user, this is the only forum I can post this problem to. If anyone knows a solution or if such a problem was solved previously, I'd be happy to learn the fix.
24th July 2013, 07:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 465

2,532 posts
I bet you flashed gapps...

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium
24th July 2013, 07:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ast00

I bet you flashed gapps...

Actually... yeah, I did. Is that a problem?
24th July 2013, 07:30 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 465

2,532 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke100ster

Actually... yeah, I did. Is that a problem?

Yes. Wipe data, reflash, wait until boot, then go to recovery and then flash gapps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ast00 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2013, 07:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:

Yes. Wipe data, reflash, wait until boot, then go to recovery and then flash gapps.

Huh, I would've never guessed this could be an issue, but I did as you said and... yeah, everything seems to be working perfectly fine. Thanks for the help, highly appreciated
16th February 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

40 posts
Quote:

Perfect! Thank you very much.

(it works after flashing gapps)

Edit: Home button does not wake up when it is in deep sleep. So, it is useless. I am sorry We need another fix.
Last edited by rbatasoy; 16th February 2014 at 02:22 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread