Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 48,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 - home doesn't work

Tip us?

luke100ster
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 - home doesn't work

Hi,
I downloaded a JB 4.2.2 CyanogenMod ROM from the original development's thread. I tried a couple of similar ROMs previously, but my home button doesn't work correctly on apparently any Ice Cream Sandwich + ROM. Essentially what happens is, when the screen is on, the home button is completely useless. Pressing it down, waiting for a few seconds - it just doesn't respond to any command. There are almost no options in the phone related to hardware buttons, and if I, for example, select an option to make holding down the hme button bring up the multitasking window, it still doesn't do anything. The only situation where I observed it doing anything is when the phone's screen is off - pressing the button instantly wakes the device up. I tried flashing the badass kernel, though it didn't really do much. Other hardware buttons seem to be working just fine. I had no such problem on CyanogenMod 7.2 and when I restore a backup with this system, it still works correctly. I don't have problems with getting into recovery either.

Another thing with this ROM is, the lockscreen doesn't appear, no matter if I set a security pattern, set it to slide or whatever else. Pressing the wake button or home button instantly wakes the device up.

I'm not sure whether it's a ROM-specific problem or what, but regardless, as a new user, this is the only forum I can post this problem to. If anyone knows a solution or if such a problem was solved previously, I'd be happy to learn the fix.

ast00
Old
Thanks Meter 453
I bet you flashed gapps...

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

I'm currently downloading. And the ping is still 6ms. The speed is the same.

luke100ster
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ast00 View Post
I bet you flashed gapps...
Actually... yeah, I did. Is that a problem?

ast00
Old
Thanks Meter 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke100ster View Post
Actually... yeah, I did. Is that a problem?
Yes. Wipe data, reflash, wait until boot, then go to recovery and then flash gapps.

I'm currently downloading. And the ping is still 6ms. The speed is the same.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ast00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luke100ster
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Yes. Wipe data, reflash, wait until boot, then go to recovery and then flash gapps.
Huh, I would've never guessed this could be an issue, but I did as you said and... yeah, everything seems to be working perfectly fine. Thanks for the help, highly appreciated

rbatasoy
Old
(Last edited by rbatasoy; 16th February 2014 at 02:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Perfect! Thank you very much.

(it works after flashing gapps)

Edit: Home button does not wake up when it is in deep sleep. So, it is useless. I am sorry We need another fix.