Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Any roms that help gaming performance?

OP TeChNoC4AzY

11th February 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 27

336 posts
I just was wondering if there were any fast roms that have special aroma options to help the gaming performance on the galaxy note. I used to use the HTC evo 3d and I found an ics rom called nega lite and it had some options in the aroma installer to disable vsync and multisampling and things run a lot faster on that rom only game wise. Atm I am on a kitkat rom with the uber kernel installed but I ran a quadrant and I got what seemed to be a low score of 3100. I know the resolution on the note is a lot higher than most 4.7in phones so maybe that's why things seem slower. Idk. If anyone can give me a few links to faster roms that you use or just something I can do to help 3D performance that would be great! Thanks! PS: I ran an app called nenamark 2 which is an fps tester and I got 31-32fps final score if possible run this app on your note and see if you get a higher fps score and let me know what your rom and kernel set up is. Thanks again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th February 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 435

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeChNoC4AzY

I just was wondering if there were any fast roms that have special aroma options to help the gaming performance on the galaxy note. I used to use the HTC evo 3d and I found an ics rom called nega lite and it had some options in the aroma installer to disable vsync and multisampling and things run a lot faster on that rom only game wise. Atm I am on a kitkat rom with the uber kernel installed but I ran a quadrant and I got what seemed to be a low score of 3100. I know the resolution on the note is a lot higher than most 4.7in phones so maybe that's why things seem slower. Idk. If anyone can give me a few links to faster roms that you use or just something I can do to help 3D performance that would be great! Thanks! PS: I ran an app called nenamark 2 which is an fps tester and I got 31-32fps final score if possible run this app on your note and see if you get a higher fps score and let me know what your rom and kernel set up is. Thanks again.

Since you installed a kernel your able to adjust the cpu now. What settings are you currently using when you get these stats? Did you overclock the cpu? What governor are you using? What app are you using to tweek? I think that most users with that kernel use setcpu. Under the developer options of your phone have you played with the gpu settings at all?
12th February 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee

336 posts
I'm using on demand governor and it is maxed oc I'm also overclocking using the performance option in settings that came with the rom. Can you run Nena mark 2 and quadrant and tell me your scores?

12th February 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #4  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeChNoC4AzY

I'm using on demand governor and it is maxed oc I'm also overclocking using the performance option in settings that came with the rom. Can you run Nena mark 2 and quadrant and tell me your scores?

Note 1 stock 4.1.2 release nenamark 2 scored 33.0fps, quadrant 3535

Note 3 stock 4.3 release nenamark 2 scored 60fps, quadrant 20615
12th February 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee

336 posts
Why would you put the note 3 in there.. And your note 1 is stock.. Hmm

12th February 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #6  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have them both and I felt like comparing. Yes the note 1 is completely stock. You botched something up to reduce its performance.
12th February 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee

336 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

I have them both and I felt like comparing. Yes the note 1 is completely stock. You botched something up to reduce its performance.

Wait what? The note has jellybean support on stock.. Wow. When I scanned for updates on wifi it said I was on latest one

12th February 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #8  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes since June 2013
16th February 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 367

1,356 posts
More
Try the app clean master has a new game booster option in the memory boost section, I've had very promising results with it

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread