Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CWM Recovery on my X10

Tip us?

Phraxisity
Old
(Last edited by Phraxisity; 15th February 2014 at 07:40 PM.) Reason: Grammar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] CWM Recovery on my X10

Ok, I am going to list my problem/query along with information i have gathered over the best part of 3 hours.

So, I have been doing some research regarding CWM recovery to be installed on my x10. I have already rooted and BLU my x10 and every thread I have read says that CWM is the most simplest way to put customised ROMs onto my phone. RecoverX, both PC and APK version, has been suggested several times accross XDA and other forums as the program to use to instal CWM. This is not the case as it only offers xRecovery, which although says it is installed succesfully, doesnt work. I also read that Rom Manager APK by clockworkmod would do it but it says that x10 is unsupported. But it does ask if it have installed a clockwork based mod manually.
Does anyone here at XDA know how I can get it installed?

I am currently running android 2.3.3 and was trying to get it upgraded to the MIUI ICS for X10 as seen in this thread; http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1774623

Cheers, any help or advice would be appreciated.

Dr Goodvibes
Old
Thanks Meter 622
Just install FeraKernel v18.4 or DoomKernel v6, both of which have CWM built in.
FeraKernel has a later date CWM version.
If you install an old version of Flashtool cira 0.8.6, it came with CWM Recovery and xRecovery which could be installed from Flashtool menus.

Before you flash FeraKernel or DoomKernel, have the ROM zip you wish to install with CWM on the X10 while it's running GB 2.3.3

This way when FeraKernel or DoomKernel are flashed to get access to CWM, you don't have to worry about WiFi and Graphics drivers as you already have your ROM on the phone and ready to go and just need to tap the volume up button to access CWM as the Kernel boots for the first time.

Enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Goodvibes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phraxisity
Old
(Last edited by Phraxisity; 16th February 2014 at 01:54 AM.) Reason: damn auto-correct!
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Goodvibes View Post
Just install FeraKernel v18.4 or DoomKernel v6, both of which have CWM built in.
FeraKernel has a later date CWM version.
If you install an old version of Flashtool cira 0.8.6, it came with CWM Recovery and xRecovery which could be installed from Flashtool menus.

Before you flash FeraKernel or DoomKernel, have the ROM zip you wish to install with CWM on the X10 while it's running GB 2.3.3

This way when FeraKernel or DoomKernel are flashed to get access to CWM, you don't have to worry about WiFi and Graphics drivers as you already have your ROM on the phone and ready to go and just need to tap the volume up button to access CWM as the Kernel boots for the first time.

Enjoy.
Well I can't seem to find the old version of flashtool 0.8.6.0 nor doomkernel v6. The doom kernels keep referring me to broken links or hotfile which has been taken down. The ferakernel 18.4 seem to crash while being flash thus aborting the whole process. Was wandering if you have the older doomkernel or flashtool lying around or anyone who does who could do a fresh upload link please?
Thanks

Phraxisity
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Solved!

Finally got this sorted. After about 4 ours of trailing through the net. I found a 0.8.0.0 version of flashtool and an update to 0.8.6.0. If anyone is need of these files to get CWM recovery for X10 do let me know. Happy Chappy now. Thank you Dr Goodvibes.

Dr Goodvibes
Old
Thanks Meter 622
You're welcome.