Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SuperSU Cannot change configuration

Tip us?

irvington
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sign [Q] SuperSU Cannot change configuration

Hi, first post
I flashed my TMOBILE US [SGH-T999] SIII with root66 and all went well. verified with rootkeeper I'm indeed rooted. Problem is when I first configured superSU i checked hide from apps list (figured id still be able to get it in /system) So although it asks for permission and still fully functional I cannot open the app to change the configuration. There was some codes *#*#1234#*#* amongst others I thought would bring up the app, but because the sim is no longer registered to a network it just gives a network error.

This has been going on for a week and would really appreciate a solution. Going to google play doesn't show any options. just a picture. If i disable in manage apps i can then deactivate on google play, but it didn't help. Also re flashed rom and nothing changed.

Should be able to open the app somewhere on the phone right? use file explorer to delete some config file that will reset to default?

antoniodz95
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: [Q] SuperSU Cannot change configuration

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvington View Post
Hi, first post
I flashed my TMOBILE US [SGH-T999] SIII with root66 and all went well. verified with rootkeeper I'm indeed rooted. Problem is when I first configured superSU i checked hide from apps list (figured id still be able to get it in /system) So although it asks for permission and still fully functional I cannot open the app to change the configuration. There was some codes *#*#1234#*#* amongst others I thought would bring up the app, but because the sim is no longer registered to a network it just gives a network error.

This has been going on for a week and would really appreciate a solution. Going to google play doesn't show any options. just a picture. If i disable in manage apps i can then deactivate on google play, but it didn't help. Also re flashed rom and nothing changed.

Should be able to open the app somewhere on the phone right? use file explorer to delete some config file that will reset to default?
Hi, to open supersu through the dialpad, please enter the following:

*#*#1234#*#*
or
*#*#7873778#*#* which spells(*#*#SUPERSU#*#*)

If that didn't work, check if supersu is still installed by going to manage applications.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk.

irvington
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniodz95 View Post
Hi, to open supersu through the dialpad, please enter the following:

*#*#1234#*#*
or
*#*#7873778#*#* which spells(*#*#SUPERSU#*#*)

If that didn't work, check if supersu is still installed by going to manage applications.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk.
Yeah mentioned the codes in my post. my girlfriend has a deathgrip on the phone right now but i'm pretty sure the exact error was: Not registered on network. I also mentioned that superSU is indeed installed cause I can clear su's data, etc from the manage apps area. I use groove IP for phone calls and I've been putting the code in the phone settings not the groove voip app if that matters.

irvington
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
bumped after a few days of waiting patiently.

Ajabis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi i was having similar issues, did you try

*#234#* instead of *#*#234#*#* that worked for me before although my issue now is different.

i was getting an error and work around it by installing
System app remover (root) from play store
then went to apkmanger and click on reinstal Supersu, that bring back the icon
that did not solve my problem of the dialing code not working anymore, but it got me to super su app
hope it helps

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajabis View Post
Hi i was having similar issues, did you try
you just woke up a sleeping thread. its one year old, so I am sure it has been resolved.