Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[QUERY] Does your TRUESMART really have a 1.3GHz CPU??? Post your results here...

Tip us?

mghtymse007
Old
(Last edited by mghtymse007; 19th February 2014 at 05:08 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Question [QUERY] Does your TRUESMART really have a 1.3GHz CPU??? Post your results here...

A growing number of people are claiming that their OMATE TRUESMART's maximum CPU speed
is being reported by some popular HW apps to be 1.0GHz
....not the 1.3GHz as noted in the specs.

At the time if this post, a relatively small number of TS's have reported this discrepancy. BUT, in comparison to the number of TS's currently in circulation...this needs to be addressed in order to determine if it's a possible defect, or issues in the source code.

To scan your TS, you can use:

CPU-z
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.cpuid.cpu_z

CPUspy
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...valosek.cpuspy

Hardware Info
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.hardwareinfo

To get a SCREENSHOT of the report:
Hold BOTH top and bottom buttons simultaneously for 1 sec.

POST YOUR RESULTS HERE

XDA Members & Identified 1.0GHz TRUESMART's

FEB 16 2014
Xda member: mghtymse007
Screenshot: yes
Max freq: 1.0GHz
Model: NA1900, 1/8
Firmware: stock 20140120 w/patch

xda member: BurnQc
screenshot: yes
max freq: 1.0GHz
Firmware: Imperium_Operative_v1.1.0_V2.0,

xda member: kiesman0
Model: (PLEASE PROVIDE)
Firmware: (PLEASE PROVIDE)

xda member: jhax01

xda member: Quension
screenshotL no

xda member: trent999
screenshot: no

xda member: Neosolidus
Firmware: 20140120

xda member: robowald

xda member: fg

Update 2/18/2014
xda member: pkshr
Model: NA1900, 1

xda member: rawr
Firmware: 20140120 and Imperium 1.1.0

xda member: mety333
Model: NA1900, 1

xda member: x86cpu

xda member: jonpaul

xda member: vagelis

xda member: jcfitz
Firmware: 20131207

xda member: jwheeler73
Firmware: Imperium 1.1.0

xda member: bucho54
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-15-11-15-10.png
Views:	1118
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	2582003  
The Following User Says Thank You to mghtymse007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kiesman0
Old
(Last edited by kiesman0; 17th February 2014 at 04:09 AM.) Reason: model/firmware
Thanks Meter 1
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-16-01-32-23.png
Views:	229
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	2582162 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-16-02-01-34.png
Views:	225
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	2582186 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-16-02-01-45.png
Views:	168
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	2582187 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-16-02-02-26.png
Views:	151
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	2582188 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-16-02-02-33.png
Views:	152
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	2582189

NA 1900 1/8
20140120.15 4604_V2.0
stock/pre patch
The Following User Says Thank You to kiesman0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jhax01
Old
(Last edited by jhax01; 17th February 2014 at 01:44 AM.) Reason: Adding data.
Thanks Meter 11
Mine shows 1ghz as well, but honestly, I could care less. It works and I'm sure I could overclock it if I really felt the need...

Model - N/A 1/8 - (Nov Dev)
ROM - Imperium Operative v1.1.0 v2
App - Cpu Z
Max clock - 1 ghz

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jhax01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Mine shows 1gHz too. You don't care, OK, but the device was promoted as 1.3gHz on KickStarter and is being sold to pre-orders as 1.3gHz dual core.
It is wrong to advertise as a 1.3gHz devise but deliver a 1.0 GHz device. Imagine if Samsung did that...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,277

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent999 View Post
Mine shows 1gHz too. You don't care, OK, but the device was promoted as 1.3gHz on KickStarter and is being sold to pre-orders as 1.3gHz dual core.
It is wrong to advertise as a 1.3gHz devise but deliver a 1.0 GHz device. Imagine if Samsung did that...

I think you are looking at it the wrong way. There are many others that do not have this issue. If the majority of x201 users are running at 1.3GHz then those running at 1.0GHz are problematic units that needs to be brought to the attention of whom ever you got them through.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

mghtymse007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
@trent999 Can you post a screenshot? PM if you're having trouble.

I'm with you on this one...1366MHz is quite different than 1001MHz...its one of the reasons I held off getting a SimValley.

BUT..AT THIS TIME, we know very little....IF and ONLY IF, this was a PROVEN, deliberate action taken by Omate, can we begin to sling mud.

Lets keep this thread to the facts, for now. Once we have more information, a more educated conclusion will be drawn.

jhax01
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent999 View Post

Fair enough. I added my data point for the benefit of others, my opinion was not requested but a freebie. At this point, I have no confidence Omate would do anything about it that I would consider timely or convenient so I'm simply saying that I'm willing to accept the discrepancy for a KS project. Omate is not Samsung, nor do I expect them to be any time soon. I don't get mad at kids running a lemonade stand that promises fresh organic lemons, but provides a concentrate and tap water either. I just accept it and move on. Clearly that's not right for everyone, but it is for me and that's all I was trying to convey. Peace...

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I'd also like to point out that my device is not in a stock condition. It is running loki's rom. That may have nothing to do with anything, but if I were a manufacturer, I would ask what modifications have been made. Just something to consider when data collecting. On the flip side, does anyone have a screen shot of one running at 1.3??
The Following User Says Thank You to jhax01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,277

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhax01 View Post
I'd also like to point out that my device is not in a stock condition. It is running loki's rom. That may have nothing to do with anything, but if I were a manufacturer, I would ask what modifications have been made. Just something to consider when data collecting. On the flip side, does anyone have a screen shot of one running at 1.3??
Omate is well aware of the changes made as we have discussed all the changes. LLP himself runs my work as well as others at Omate. And even though I do not list every individual file change in the ROM or Patch thread, the list is fairly detailed. As far as the Patch vs the ROM, there is very little core difference between the two.

On a further note, the 1GHz unit I did get my hands on was running at 1GHZ without any modifications at all.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

robrowald
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
Omate is well aware of the changes made as we have discussed all the changes. LLP himself runs my work as well as others at Omate. And even though I do not list every individual file change in the ROM or Patch thread, the list is fairly detailed. As far as the Patch vs the ROM, there is very little core difference between the two.

On a further note, the 1GHz unit I did get my hands on was running at 1GHZ without any modifications at all.
So if my device reports 1gHz It's a problem? Damn it, mine says 1gHz and always has. I just figured it was a firmware issue.

jhax01
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post

I was in no way suggesting that it was somehow attributable to your ROM, but I have been around the block a few times and have seen very strange behavior and results from the simple act of flashing in and of itself with all other things being equal. In my particular case, my gut tells me that the chip was not up to spec and was downgraded by the manufacturer, yet installed anyway even though it couldn't meet minimum spec. It happens, and I've seen it happen with the big guys too, HTC in my own experience, but I'm sure there are others. Most people never know...