[Q] what 4.2.2 to get OTA updates? and some questions

22nd February 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

75 posts
so i was gonna go with a custom 4.4.2 rom but decided otherwise
so since my phone didnt get the 4.2.2 update yet n900xxucmk2 i thought getting one for another country russia decided
will i get ota updates even if i dont live in russia?

2-is there a way to root the phone 4.4.2 AND still get ota updates?
3-anyone found a way to remove mymagazine from 4.4.2 without causing the touchwiz to crash?
4-im backing up all my important apps using titanium backup, after i flash the phone with 4.4.2 will i loose all the apps? and if i loosed them will i loose the back up since titanum will be removed?

thanks
23rd February 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 37

191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhikari

so i was gonna go with a custom 4.4.2 rom but decided otherwise
so since my phone didnt get the 4.2.2 update yet n900xxucmk2 i thought getting one for another country russia decided
will i get ota updates even if i dont live in russia?

2-is there a way to root the phone 4.4.2 AND still get ota updates?
3-anyone found a way to remove mymagazine from 4.4.2 without causing the touchwiz to crash?
4-im backing up all my important apps using titanium backup, after i flash the phone with 4.4.2 will i loose all the apps? and if i loosed them will i loose the back up since titanum will be removed?

thanks

1 yes

2 yes, but some users reported error occurs in the installation process.so just use sammobile and odin.

3 i don't know.

4 no you won't lose any apps if you flash it dirty(but you will lose your root) , but if you want to make a clean flash(recommend) just move your titanium backup folder from internal sd to external sd, then after you flashed the new rom move it back to internal sd then root your phone and restore your apps.

I just did the same when I updated to kitkat and everything works well.
Last edited by Dahdoul; 23rd February 2014 at 01:45 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread