The quicklauncher panel:
It is simply a scrollable panel of app shortcuts that you instantly launch from your drop down panel. You can launch apps from inside other app without the need to exit to home screen first. You can also edit and order the shortcuts to suit your needs.
When I started writing this mod I wanted to make it as easy to implement as possible which means no smali changes. I also wanted to make it universal for most android devices so thats what you get.
This guide assumes you can already decompile and recompile an .apk correctly. If you cannot do this please don`t ask me how there are already lots of guides on how to do this here at XDA.
- A deodexed SystemUI.apk with a api level of 16 or higher
- Knowledge of decompiling and recompiling the .apk.
- These files: Download. MD5:bc0afe23017cb58420c0422dac1f0836
- Decompile the SystemUI.apk and navigate to smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy
- Copy the quicklaunch folder from the downloaded files and paste it into the above location
- Navigate to res/layout and open status_bar_expanded.xml look for this line:
<LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/scrollCart" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
- Directly below that line add:
<HorizontalScrollView android:scrollbars="none" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content"> <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.quicklaunch.QuickLaunchContainer android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" /> </HorizontalScrollView>
- Recompile and push to your device its done:)
You are free to bake this into your roms provided:
- Proper credit and a link is given not just a mention in a random thread that will be lost in hours.
- You use the mod as a whole and not take peices of my code and use elsewhere.
- You leave the copyright information as it is.
- You dont add you own settings to control the panel eliminating the need for donate app.
How to use:
To add a shortcut simply scroll all the way to the right and press the + symbol this will bring up a list of currently installed app to choose from click one to apply.
To change or remove a shortcut long press the icon and a menu will appear select the desired option by clicking it.
You can also get further functionality by getting the quicklauncher app from the Playstore for just $1. In this you can set colors, visibility of the panel and text etc and more. This will support the development thanks.
Thanks to @pas2001 for the app icon and all graphics work he does for 3Minit.
3Minit Quicklaunch Panel, a Tool/Utility for the Android General
Current Stable Version: 1.1
Stable Release Date: 2014-02-16
Last Updated 2014-02-20