Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,097 Members 43,945 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3Minit Quicklaunch Panel

Tip us?

gharrington
Old
(Last edited by gharrington; 22nd February 2014 at 12:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10949

DONATE TO ME
Default 3Minit Quicklaunch Panel

The quicklauncher panel:
It is simply a scrollable panel of app shortcuts that you instantly launch from your drop down panel. You can launch apps from inside other app without the need to exit to home screen first. You can also edit and order the shortcuts to suit your needs.

The idea:
When I started writing this mod I wanted to make it as easy to implement as possible which means no smali changes. I also wanted to make it universal for most android devices so thats what you get.

Implementation Guide:
This guide assumes you can already decompile and recompile an .apk correctly. If you cannot do this please don`t ask me how there are already lots of guides on how to do this here at XDA.

prerequisites:
  • A deodexed SystemUI.apk with a api level of 16 or higher
  • Knowledge of decompiling and recompiling the .apk.
  • These files: Download. MD5:bc0afe23017cb58420c0422dac1f0836
  1. Decompile the SystemUI.apk and navigate to smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy
  2. Copy the quicklaunch folder from the downloaded files and paste it into the above location
  3. Navigate to res/layout and open status_bar_expanded.xml look for this line:
    Code:
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/scrollCart" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
    (Note this is based on TW stock files you may have to mess with the location in your file to find correct placemant)
  4. Directly below that line add:
    Code:
    <HorizontalScrollView android:scrollbars="none" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.quicklaunch.QuickLaunchContainer android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
    </HorizontalScrollView>
  5. Recompile and push to your device its done:)

Sharing policy:
You are free to bake this into your roms provided:
  • Proper credit and a link is given not just a mention in a random thread that will be lost in hours.
  • You use the mod as a whole and not take peices of my code and use elsewhere.
  • You leave the copyright information as it is.
  • You dont add you own settings to control the panel eliminating the need for donate app.

How to use:
To add a shortcut simply scroll all the way to the right and press the + symbol this will bring up a list of currently installed app to choose from click one to apply.

To change or remove a shortcut long press the icon and a menu will appear select the desired option by clicking it.

You can also get further functionality by getting the quicklauncher app from the Playstore for just $1. In this you can set colors, visibility of the panel and text etc and more. This will support the development thanks.

Thanks to @pas2001 for the app icon and all graphics work he does for 3Minit.

Current 3Minit users will of course get this include in the current app for no charge.

XDA:DevDB Information
3Minit Quicklaunch Panel, a Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
gharrington,

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1
Stable Release Date: 2014-02-16

Created 2014-02-16
Last Updated 2014-02-20
The Following 85 Users Say Thank You to gharrington For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gharrington
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10949

DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gharrington For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gharrington
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10949

DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gharrington For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sac23
Old
Thanks Meter 12682

DONATE TO ME
awesome job like always brotha
The Following User Says Thank You to sac23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

icedventimocha
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 2985

DONATE TO ME
Easy as pie. Thanks for the tutorial.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Kapiljhajhria
Old
Thanks Meter 432

DONATE TO ME
i am using temasek latest cm11. will; this work on that ROM? also i am not able to find systemui.apk in that ROM
Don't say "Thank you" ....Instead USE "THANK YOU" BUTTON.
GT I9300
Samachar-Indian news app.
[GUIDE] Using Apps Ops (or Privacy Guard) 4 blocking wakelocks & saving battery
[GUIDE] Using XPRIVACY

[4.4.3][CM11] temasek's UNOFFICIAL (latest)
FAQ or Q&A section
Boeffla kernel (latest )

My Youtube channel - please have a look and suggest content
For Indian Users I have Started New INDIAN AUTOMOBILE FORUMS. come be a part of it

SpaceCaker
Old
Recognized Themer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 10613
Awesome guide but.

Can you post a version for GB or a java source code so we can port it to GB api 10 ?

Thank you

My Github Click Here
Check My SoundCloud for my music remakes,mixes etc Click Here
Check My Website to find a portfolio and about me Click Here
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpaceCaker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lovermed
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Can you please modify my systemUI because my laptop is broken I don't have where to modify it
https://db.tt/GGGLeopz
Thank you alot

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

slipsystem
Old
Thanks Meter 231

DONATE TO ME
Hey Man Nice Guide

but I keep getting this error using

Android Multitool

Quote:
..\Decompiled_apk\LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\sys temui\statusbar\policy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButt on.smali[37,4] Error for input '.parameter': Invalid directive
..\Decompiled_apk\LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\sys temui\statusbar\policy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButt on.smali[38,4] Error for input '.parameter': Invalid directive
..\Decompiled_apk\LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\sys temui\statusbar\policy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButt on.smali[37,15] mismatched input '"context"' expecting END_METHOD_DIRECTIVE
..\Decompiled_apk\LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\sys temui\statusbar\policy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButt on.smali[216,4] Error for input '.parameter': Invalid directive
..\Decompiled_apk\LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\sys temui\statusbar\policy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButt on.smali[216,15] mismatched input '"arg0"' expecting END_METHOD_DIRECTIVE
..\Decompiled_apk\LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\sys temui\statusbar\policy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButt on.smali[333,4] Error for input '.parameter': Invalid directive
..\Decompiled_apk\LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\sys temui\statusbar\policy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButt on.smali[333,15] mismatched input '"arg0"' expecting END_METHOD_DIRECTIVE
..\Decompiled_apk\LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\sys temui\statusbar\policy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButt on.smali[353,4] Error for input '.parameter': Invalid directive
..\Decompiled_apk\LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\sys temui\statusbar\policy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButt on.smali[353,15] mismatched input '"ic"' expecting END_METHOD_DIRECTIVE
..\Decompiled_apk\LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\sys temui\statusbar\policy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButt on.smali[365,4] Error for input '.parameter': Invalid directive
..\Decompiled_apk\LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\sys temui\statusbar\policy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButt on.smali[365,15] mismatched input '"color"' expecting END_METHOD_DIRECTIVE
..\Decompiled_apk\LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\sys temui\statusbar\policy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButt on.smali[379,4] Error for input '.parameter': Invalid directive
..\Decompiled_apk\LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\sys temui\statusbar\policy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButt on.smali[379,15] mismatched input '"vis"' expecting END_METHOD_DIRECTIVE
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: Could not smali file: com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/quicklaunch/QuickLaunchButton.smali
at brut.androlib.src.SmaliBuilder.buildFile(SmaliBuil der.java:72)
at brut.androlib.src.SmaliBuilder.build(SmaliBuilder. java:56)
at brut.androlib.src.SmaliBuilder.build(SmaliBuilder. java:41)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildSourcesSmali(Androlib. java:337)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildSources(Androlib.java: 298)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:284)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:258)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:236)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:88)
The system cannot find the file specified.
The system cannot find the file specified.
I double checked and I think its in the right place

Quote:
LGSystemUI\smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar\po licy\quicklaunch\QuickLaunchButton.smali
My device is a LG L5 II(e450)

kmokhtar79
Old
Thanks Meter 5365

DONATE TO ME
Nice mod, thanks for sharing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-19-22-36-23.png
Views:	1803
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	2588627