[Q] Need help with installing custom ROM

Search This thread

DarkFamiliarity

Apr 7, 2012
So I got a used Atrix 2, and the previous owner had installed an SBF (or whatever it is) over all his previous rooted stuff.
So it's fully clean/legit now.
What I want to do is install kitkat on this phone (jealousy got to me) and I'm pretty pissed off for not getting the new features of the auto-updatable phones (Ex. Nexus 5).
May I please request a full guide on installing a custom ROM on this phone, from the beginning?
(Including the bootmenu installation, rooting the phone, etc.)
I'm requesting a guide that's 100% FAILSAFE as I value this phone and I don't want to waste so much money on achieving a bricked phone.
I need it from the basics from rooting and stuff, to SAFELY installing a GOOD STABLE build of kitkat 4.4.
Thanks a lot to all of you in advance.
My phone is running stock 4.0.4 ROM. No root, no hacks yet.
Thanks a LOT to this community.
I understand there are many risks, but really I want this to happen. :D

Last edited:

devilhunter47

Jun 22, 2012
Kottayam
So I got a used Atrix 2, and the previous owner had installed an SBF (or whatever it is) over all his previous rooted stuff.
So it's fully clean/legit now.
What I want to do is install kitkat on this phone (jealousy got to me) and I'm pretty pissed off for not getting the new features of the auto-updatable phones (Ex. Nexus 5).
May I please request a full guide on installing a custom ROM on this phone, from the beginning?
(Including the bootmenu installation, rooting the phone, etc.)
I'm requesting a guide that's 100% FAILSAFE as I value this phone and I don't want to waste so much money on achieving a bricked phone.
I need it from the basics from rooting and stuff, to SAFELY installing a GOOD STABLE build of kitkat 4.4.
Thanks a lot to all of you in advance.
Inbox me at pransakthivel@gmail.com for additional info.
My phone is running stock 4.0.4 ROM. No root, no hacks yet.
Thanks a LOT to this community.
I understand there are many risks, but really I want this to happen. :D

Ever heard of the word ''SEARCH''??

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

devilhunter47

Jun 22, 2012
Kottayam
Very helpful, thanks.
After I tried searching, I have posted this. Many have included complex instructions. There are many methods too which I (obviously) don't know which is the safest.
Thanks for your helpful input! -_-

If the instructions are had to understand you shouldn't be flashing your phone because you will end up in a brick..like i did a long time back when i was lazy to read and understand..u wont find any simpler tutorials than those around in the forum..

Reactions: 1BadWolf

brezulja

Jan 27, 2012
Hey man here is the step by step process.
First make sure you have correct drivers installed on your computer. Then install Kingo android root on your computer. Plug in your atrix and press root simple as that. http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm
Second thing you need to do is download the BMM (Boot Menu Manager) from the google play store and thats it... (before you download BMM check on the you tube how to set it up and how to use it to flesh custom roms...
I hope i helped i know from the experience that atrix 2 guys are not very friendly to the noobs.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs7rN6LlaRI
here is the video how to work with BMM :good:

Reactions: noranora

guruggk1988

Jan 14, 2013
NELLORE
installing rom on non main systems

hey guys !!!! i installed roms in sys1 and sys3 now i wanted to install it on sys4 , do ihave to format sys1 before installing on sys 4 or i can continue without formatting

1BadWolf

Aug 12, 2012
Nowhere, Louisiana
thanx dude ...one more doubt
now i want to install rom on sys2 is it possible to install miui v5 rom on it . my phone is ics searet based and i am using pcman rom 4.3 on sys 1

It's recommended that you only use systems 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6 for flashing. That being said, I personally have never tried to flash anything on system 2 so I don't know what the repercussions would, or even could, be.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

i know from the experience that atrix 2 guys are not very friendly to the noobs.

I just noticed this...

On the contrary, I feel as though encouraging a person to read and expand their knowledge is indeed friendly. After all, there is a reason for the old saying, "If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach him to catch a fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime". :thumbup:

Last edited:

cecial

Feb 20, 2014
It's recommended that you only use systems 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6 for flashing. That being said, I personally have never tried to flash anything on system 2 so I don't know what the repercussions would, or even could, be.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

I just noticed this...

On the contrary, I feel as though encouraging a person to read and expand their knowledge is indeed friendly. After all, there is a reason for the old saying, "If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach him to catch a fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime". :thumbup:

agree! i think anyone who want to play his phone well should have patience to read and understand the instructions.
u can ask questions when u face some issue, but can't some other people to do it for u~

Reactions: 1BadWolf

DarkFamiliarity

Apr 7, 2012
First make sure you have correct drivers installed on your computer. Then install Kingo android root on your computer. Plug in your atrix and press root simple as that. http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm
Second thing you need to do is download the BMM (Boot Menu Manager) from the google play store and thats it... (before you download BMM check on the you tube how to set it up and how to use it to flesh custom roms...
I hope i helped i know from the experience that atrix 2 guys are not very friendly to the noobs.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Kingo root doesn't work with A2...
Thanks for taking your time anyways.

DarkFamiliarity

Apr 7, 2012
If the instructions are had to understand you shouldn't be flashing your phone because you will end up in a brick..like i did a long time back when i was lazy to read and understand..u wont find any simpler tutorials than those around in the forum..

I have flashed a Moto Defy with ICS 4.0.4 CM9 before, but I screwed up and had to flash an SBF..
I don't want to screw up like last time.
Ty

guruggk1988

Jan 14, 2013
NELLORE
ota upgrade

How to upgrade the system that i downloaded the file with ota, i know to follow these steps as it shows...
go to recovery and the what????? my system loads to the sys01 where my mokee is installed is in my sys 3

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanx dude ...one more doubt
    now i want to install rom on sys2 is it possible to install miui v5 rom on it . my phone is ics searet based and i am using pcman rom 4.3 on sys 1

i know from the experience that atrix 2 guys are not very friendly to the noobs.

I just noticed this...

Very helpful, thanks.
    After I tried searching, I have posted this. Many have included complex instructions. There are many methods too which I (obviously) don't know which is the safest.
    Thanks for your helpful input! -_-

hey guys !!!! i installed roms in sys1 and sys3 now i wanted to install it on sys4 , do ihave to format sys1 before installing on sys 4 or i can continue without formatting

The only thing you'll need to do is just set up the system 4 partition and you're good to go.:thumbup:

I just noticed this...

agree! i think anyone who want to play his phone well should have patience to read and understand the instructions.
    u can ask questions when u face some issue, but can't some other people to do it for u~