[FIX] Dust under the screen? Read here.
I had dust under my screen. Here's a easy solution.
Items needed: heat gun
guitar pick/credit card
silicone/ or any other rubbery glue
1. Heat outer edges of screen with heat gun, for about a minute.
2. Use razor blade, or something very thin to fit between digitizer and plastic frame of the phone. ( I suggest starting on the right hand side of the screen towards the top, as the connector is on the top left side for the digitizer, and there's a strip at the bottom for the buttons)
3. Once it has started separating, use the guitar pick, or credit card and work your way around the screen, going down the right hand side, bottom( careful of the little white strip for the buttons) and back up the left hand side.
4. When you've done that, you will be able to flip back the digitizer, DON'T TRY TO YANK IT OFF THE PHONE, it's still connected inside, JUST FLIP IT BACKWARDS.
5. Clean off all the crappy double sided tape from the factory.
6. Apply 4 SMALL squares of 3M double tape to the corners, cut them small enough, and place them on the corners, so they don't show up when you put the digitizer back on. You'll see how there's a certain amount of room to work with.
7. Apply with a toothpick, or something similiar, silicone, or your rubbery glue, to the raised edge of the frame, you know the one you just cleaned the factory tape from. ( LESS IS BETTER, if you use too much, when you press the digitizer back on, it will spread between the screen and digitizer, so you will have to remove it again, clean and start over.)
8.Then once you applied your glue, apply your digitizer back on, carefully pushing around the edges, not extra hard, just so it sits nice and flush like it did from the factory.
9. Wipe any excess glue that comes out around the edges.
Enjoy your dust free Sensation.
PS you can search youtube for sensation digitizer replacement, and use the part towards the end, for picture/video reference. YOU DON'T NEED TO TAKE YOUR PHONE APART for this because you don't need to disconnect the digitizer, like I said just flip it back.
ALMOST FORGOT, GET THE THINNEST POSSIBLE 3M TAPE, OR DOUBLE SIDED TAPE, SO THE SCREEN WILL SIT FLUSH WITH THE FRAME AFTER INSTALLING.
- SKIP TO 4:30 for digitizer removal. IF NOT I'M ALLOWED TO POST LINKS TO YOUTUBE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I WILL REMOVE IT.