5,598,171 Members 43,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Activate usb deebug from recovery?

Tip us?

buzter87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Activate usb deebug from recovery?

Hi,

Installed the Google play editon rom on my HTC One.

But now when i start the phone, it starts up the new rom and when i am about to choose a new language, it restarts, all the time.

So i was about to try to install another rom using adb to push the new file to the phone, but i cant connect the phone to adb or mount usb storage using CWM.

And now i cant start up my phone to activate USB debug. I had the USB debug activated when i rooted and installed the new rom, and adb found my phone then. So all drivers should be fine.

Could anybody help me here?

I am thankful for all the help i can get

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2088
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzter87 View Post
Hi,

Installed the Google play editon rom on my HTC One.

But now when i start the phone, it starts up the new rom and when i am about to choose a new language, it restarts, all the time.

So i was about to try to install another rom using adb to push the new file to the phone, but i cant connect the phone to adb or mount usb storage using CWM.

And now i cant start up my phone to activate USB debug. I had the USB debug activated when i rooted and installed the new rom, and adb found my phone then. So all drivers should be fine.

Could anybody help me here?

I am thankful for all the help i can get
1- the newer GPE ROMs require S-Off

2- I think you're using an old recovery, currently TWRP 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 are recommended

3- you don't need to enable USB debug in custom recovery, adb devices or adb push <name of rom>.zip /sdcard/ should work fine, otherwise fix your driver issues/USB ports/OS, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buzter87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
1- the newer GPE ROMs require S-Off

2- I think you're using an old recovery, currently TWRP 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 are recommended

3- you don't need to enable USB debug in custom recovery, adb devices or adb push <name of rom>.zip /sdcard/ should work fine, otherwise fix your driver issues/USB ports/OS, etc.

hi,

usb drivers and all should be fine. i've tried on several computers now running windows 8 and still dont get any communication while using ADB, but when i try fastboot it communicate.

I managed to install the latest TWRP using fastboot. But still cant push trough files using ADB.

i am abit lost now

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2088
Quote:
hi,

usb drivers and all should be fine. i've tried on several computers now running windows 8 and still dont get any communication while using ADB, but when i try fastboot it communicate.

I managed to install the latest TWRP using fastboot. But still cant push trough files using ADB.

i am abit lost now
can you post a screenshot of your device manager (when in custom recovery), please check my guide under FAQ #2
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buzter87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
can you post a screenshot of your device manager (when in custom recovery), please check my guide under FAQ #2
Click image for larger version

Name:	device manager.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	2582698

its on norwegian but "one" is under "other units"

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2088
Quote:
Attachment 2582698

its on norwegian but "one" is under "other units"
Manually update the driver to "My HTC" as mentioned in my guide under FAQ #2