Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] Quick question about battery !

OP JadeAmineHa

16th February 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hi ! i bought an HTC One yesterday and at night when i went to sleep at around 4AM i didnt plug it in it was at about 65% when i woke up at 12AM it was 35% ??? when i checked the battery history i saw that when i was sleeping the phone was awake not the screen on but awake ALL the time is that normal ? here is the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-16-14-07-21.png
Views:	12
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	2582603  
16th February 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,285

4,698 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAmineHa

Hi ! i bought an HTC One yesterday and at night when i went to sleep at around 4AM i didnt plug it in it was at about 65% when i woke up at 12AM it was 35% ??? when i checked the battery history i saw that when i was sleeping the phone was awake not the screen on but awake ALL the time is that normal ? here is the screenshot.

is the phone new or used ?
16th February 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

is the phone new or used ?

New
16th February 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 26

111 posts
There's plenty of possible reasons behind it. Many threads on this as well. Is sleep mode even enabled in your power settings? Wake lock detector is another great app to tell you what apps are waking or keeping the phone awake. There are plenty of them that consume background resources that you're unaware of.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,285

4,698 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAmineHa

New

New phone will need about 3-6 full charge cycles to stabilize

what you can do in the meantime is get a better battery monitor app like GSAM from Play store.

Also in settings / apps / All - you can disable /uninstall all the crap a new phone comes with. I use to have a list of whats safe to disable on my AT&T One I'll look for it. generally anything with your carriers name in it can be disabled and google junk like google news / google games / chrome / gmail / hangouts / google+ can all be disabled if your not using them. lots of people use Greenify ...I have never had the need for it.
16th February 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

New phone will need about 3-6 full charge cycles to stabilize

what you can do in the meantime is get a better battery monitor app like GSAM from Play store.

Also in settings / apps / All - you can disable /uninstall all the crap a new phone comes with. I use to have a list of whats safe to disable on my AT&T One I'll look for it. generally anything with your carriers name in it can be disabled and google junk like google news / google games / chrome / gmail / hangouts / google+ can all be disabled if your not using them. lots of people use Greenify ...I have never had the need for it.

Thanks for the advice ! actually i'm using a custom rom with all bloatware out thanks for the app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread