Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] can you please recommend razr hd xt925 best custom rom??

Tip us?

six37
Old
(Last edited by six37; 8th February 2014 at 01:16 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default [q] can you please recommend razr hd xt925 best custom rom??

I'm tired of stock rom. Looking for most stable custom rom for RAZR HD XT925. Should I use CM or what? TWRP or CWM? Also some instructions how to do it... I'm really confused so any help would be highly appreciated...

djvita
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by six37 View Post
I'm tired of stock rom. Looking for most stable custom rom for RAZR HD XT925. Should I use CM or what? TWRP or CWM? Also some instructions how to do it... I'm really confused so any help would be highly appreciated...
first tell us if you are rooted, unlocked bootloader, if not thats what youll need to do first.
once that is done, then go on and flash a custom rom.
only stable ones are jelly bean 4.1.2 roms, 4.4 are good too but not wholly optimized.

SirHoover2010
Old
Thanks Meter 238

DONATE TO ME
Hard to say what the "best" is. For instance once my phone shows up I will look for the most stable, best battery life, and AOSP style build. Some people don't care if some things work or if something isn't extremely smooth so their favorite may differ from yours. What do you like in ROMs? Have you tried any ROMs for any other phones that you really liked?
Check out my blog and find out how I feel about different devices! Updated 3/18/13

http://www.blogger.com/profile/01655188598107865327

Follow me?

https://twitter.com/LoganHoover2010/

six37
Old
(Last edited by six37; 8th February 2014 at 07:26 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Sorry! MY phone is rooted and the bootloader is locked because I'm not sure which ROM to use. I will unlock if you help me to decide what custom rom to use.

I have tried CM on RAZR XT910 but it was ustable and anoying.

I would like to backup current stock rom state and to try other roms on this XT925 phone. I have seen some videos showing TWRP be the best to cycle between roms and also backup current stock rom?

Maybe I'm not clear enough because I have so many questions but I want to learn how to do flashing custom roms in safest and right way hence my thread...

I want to know first where to start...

Thank you all in advance...

idless
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Just my personal preference but slimkat is highly recommendable. Running release candidate 2 presentently. It is perfectly usable af daily driver and vastly superior to stock rom in my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to idless For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djvita
Old
Thanks Meter 20
six37,
im running cm11, and its stable, just had one reboot, just one app doesnt work right but its no biggie, i can use the website instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to djvita For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SirHoover2010
Old
Thanks Meter 238

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvita View Post
six37,
im running cm11, and its stable, just had one reboot, just one app doesnt work right but its no biggie, i can use the website instead.
What app was it that didn't work. Also can you comment on battery life on CM?
Check out my blog and find out how I feel about different devices! Updated 3/18/13

http://www.blogger.com/profile/01655188598107865327

Follow me?

https://twitter.com/LoganHoover2010/

djvita
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHoover2010 View Post
What app was it that didn't work. Also can you comment on battery life on CM?
hm it was EzPdfReader, it did not read my external sd card when loading available pdfs, but i can access them through a filesystem app like es, and then open the pdfs there,

as for battery life, i installed greenify.
last saturday, i forgot to charge my phone overnight (i charged it a bit before i went out to party). it lasted to 12%.

six37
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
OK! I have unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP 2.6.3.0 and everything is fine. I have backed up my stock rom and now trying slimrom 4.4.2...

CeBBe
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I m on gummy ROM. Stable and good battery life.
Previously i was on validatus but no theme support
This 2 ROM are very stable ans good battery life.

The Following User Says Thank You to CeBBe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]