Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trying to unlock bootloader xperia x10 mini pro

Tip us?

Hawake
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Trying to unlock bootloader xperia x10 mini pro

Hi all, been trying all night to unlock the bootloader following the guide on the cynaogenmods wiki page ( found here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Son...l_Update_Guide )

Sadly however, i seem to fail when getting to the 4th and 5th step of the guide as what is supposed to happen doesnt happen at all when pressing and holding down the Volume Up button aswell as connecting the USB-cable to the computer on the same time.

this is the things and steps i've done and tried:

1) Tried diffrent buttons then the Volume Up button, like Back button, Menu button and the # button

2) tried having the USB cable connected to the computer first, then plug in the usb cable to the phone while pressing and holding down Volume Up button, also tried with diffrent buttons while doing this, aswell as doing vice-versa (having the USB connected to the phone first, and connecting it to the computer)

So what is the result of all this? the phone only gets into charging mode, and that's about it, either a green or orange LED starts to show aswell.

Some things worth mentioning:

I used to have a very old version of sonybread with CWM (clockwork mod) but before begining the guide i totally cleaned my phone and even re-flashed it to stock rom with SEUS, so currently my phone is using the stock rom without root and a locked bootloader (as far as i know about the bootloader atleast) and currently the phone is working as intendeed with the stock rom, but in all honesty it sucks using it and therfore i'm trying to put in a stable version of Cynaogenmod.

Also i never managed to get the fastboot comand terminal to work fully when launching it from Android\android-sdk\tools as it missed several comands, so in order to actually get the fastboot to work as intendeed i had to launch it from Android\android-sdk\platform-tools which was the fastboot that came with the SDK and not the one downloaded from the wiki's guide on how to get fastboot.

Something more worth mentioning is that it seems like the device manager can't find the phone while being in charging mode or when i do the "Volume Up button" and connect the USB to the computer thingy, however the phone shows up in device manager if its being started up or is being on.

I do however hear the "a USB connected sound" everytime i connect the phone in any way i've tried when it gets to charging mode, but then it never shows up on device manager.

And last but not least, i'm running a x64 W7 Professional machine.

Sorry for such a long thread, but want to try to explain my problem as troughly as possible aswell as everything i've tried in order to rule out as many other problems aswell.

skb2496
Old
(Last edited by skb2496; 30th May 2012 at 05:52 AM.) Reason: spelling mistakes
Thanks Meter 2
hey friend.... that post is for mini pro not x10 mini pro...... to connect in flash mode you have to press the back button and then connect the phone via USB..... be sure u have SE tweaker tool for X10 mini pro and Drivers along with GORDON gate driver......
The Following User Says Thank You to skb2496 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SmG67
Old
(Last edited by SmG67; 30th May 2012 at 06:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 828
And to add to that the 2010 devices do NOT support fastboot, so it is no wonder it didn't work properly.

And if you tried the bootloader unlockers for the 2011 MiniPro you're just lucky your attempts failed

Try it following these instructions

Hawake
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb2496 View Post
hey friend.... that post is for mini pro not x10 mini pro...... to connect in flash mode you have to press the back button and then connect the phone via USB..... be sure u have SE tweaker tool for X10 mini pro and Drivers along with GORDON gate driver......

I see, thanks for the quick reply.

I've decided to scrap the unlocking bootloader thing as it seems to be way more complicated then i tought. i will just stick with using the stock rom untill i get a new phone as this one his toally horrible with the stock rom.

If any mod can mark this question thread as solved and prehaps lock it if necessary it would be good, thanks.

SmG67
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawake View Post
I see, thanks for the quick reply.

I've decided to scrap the unlocking bootloader thing as it seems to be way more complicated then i tought. i will just stick with using the stock rom untill i get a new phone as this one his toally horrible with the stock rom.

If any mod can mark this question thread as solved and prehaps lock it if necessary it would be good, thanks.
You don't have to stick with stock firmware, in the x10miniPro development section there are a lot of roms based on gingerbread android that will run fine on the stock kernel choose one to your liking.

tcntad
Old
Thanks Meter 21
There's a very clean rom called Clean0.0 v6 you definitly have to check out.

skb2496
Old
Thanks Meter 2
check out minicm7pro.... its the best and most stable..... minicm9 is also good but the battery perfomance was really poor...

moshoodxylics
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
check out minicm7pro.... its the best and most stable..... minicm9 is also good but the battery perfomance was really poor...
Please does that minicm7pro work on a locked bootloader because i really wanna upgrade . . .
I'm so stuck on this stock eclair ROM for so long.

skb2496
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yes just root it and install minicm7pro via xrecovery and data wipe first, then u r done....

Sent from my U20i using XDA

UchihaDareNial
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Yes just root it and install minicm7pro via xrecovery and data wipe first, then u r done....

Sent from my U20i using XDA
No,every custom Rom need UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER and must be install using CWM RECOVERY,not xRecovery.Some of custom Rom might need a custom kernel too

Sent from my SK17a using xda premium
Devices : XPERIA ION LT28h and XPERIA MINI PRO SK17i

Devices status :

XPERIA ION - Currently using latest official firmware,deodexed with small apps

XPERIA MINI PRO - Currently using a custom rom,bootloader unlocked

Obey the XDA rules!

Hit thanks button if you really wanna thanks people,don't just say the word.