Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

New to S4 looking to root.

16th February 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 6

101 posts
More
How's it going everyone. I'm looking for a little bit of help or a link to where I can find how to root my s4. It's currently running 4.2.2 I'm also looking to see what setup everyone is using? Kernel,Rom etc. I've rooted phones before but to be honest the last phone I rooted was a Mytouch 4g Slide. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
16th February 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,712

6,693 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesh626

How's it going everyone. I'm looking for a little bit of help or a link to where I can find how to root my s4. It's currently running 4.2.2 I'm also looking to see what setup everyone is using? Kernel,Rom etc. I've rooted phones before but to be honest the last phone I rooted was a Mytouch 4g Slide. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

CF Autoroot
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz

CF Autoroot

Can you give me a link so I can move on with rooting my phone. Also thanks for the reply!
16th February 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #4  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 878

3,034 posts
More
Here are the stickies for our device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419828

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Here's a xda video on how to do it: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-developer-tv/

16th February 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #5  
Flag Sugar Land TX

6,693 posts
More
Quote:

Can you give me a link so I can move on with rooting my phone. Also thanks for the reply!

The search feature is helpful.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2294005

Sometimes you need answer with problems, searching is quicker then waiting on someone to reply.

☞ Sent from here ☜
17th February 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters

Here are the stickies for our device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419828

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Here's a xda video on how to do it: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-developer-tv/

Quote:

The search feature is helpful.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2294005

Sometimes you need answer with problems, searching is quicker then waiting on someone to reply.

☞ Sent from here ☜

thank you guys a lot. I am now rooted. Now what ROM do you guys recommend me using? I'm really just looking for something fast simple and just want to get rid of all the bloatware from the stock device.
17th February 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #7  
Flag Sugar Land TX

6,693 posts
More
Quote:

thank you guys a lot. I am now rooted. Now what ROM do you guys recommend me using? I'm really just looking for something fast simple and just want to get rid of all the bloatware from the stock device.

It's grown upon around here to ask "what ROM". Try a few and see what you like.
If you're looking to stay with TWz but debloated, try dbomdROM or Wicked.
Had on over to the Development section, look at the OP of each thread. They still list what's in the ROM ect. Good luck

☞ Sent from here ☜
17th February 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:

It's grown upon around here to ask "what ROM". Try a few and see what you like.
If you're looking to stay with TWz but debloated, try dbomdROM or Wicked.
Had on over to the Development section, look at the OP of each thread. They still list what's in the ROM ect. Good luck

☞ Sent from here ☜

I'm in a very similar boat. (Disclaimer: I'm new to root/ROM life)

I find the T-Mobile stock apps bloated and I suspect they're eating away at my battery. I want to get rid of them and reduce bloat/battery problems. The question is what ROM?

I also don't want to lose all my current customizations and I don't want to lose any features of going to a ROM... I'd love some suggestions. I'm not looking for "best" as that's probably a very personal preference for everyone... I'm looking for what a large percentage or majority of users use... From all my searching and googling, it looks like Cynogenmod is a very popular one.

I just can't figure out if I lose any features from the stock T-Mobile rom... or not...
18th February 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #9  
Flag Sugar Land TX

6,693 posts
More
If you want to keep Touchwiz/T-Mobile features you need to flash a ROM base on TWz firmware. Look at dbombROM or Wicked.
ROM like CM are compiled from open sources and usually will not have those TWz features (a couple of things have been ported to work but not much).

☞ Sent from here ☜

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread