EDIT: May be of reference https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-...ect/issues/138
EDIT 2: I have finally solved the problem! I have quoted the important parts below in case anyone else has the same problem.
Basically I had some problems with the drivers the whole time on Windows 8. So what I did was disabled driver signature enforcement in Windows 8 (I think it re-enables after some time). I downloaded the drivers from this post and followed this other post , specifically this part:
Making Windows recognize the TF300T
You will need to add the hardware IDs for the TF300T in the driver to make it recognize the ADB interface
- Open the file android_winusb.inf in the naked drivers directory.
- Look for the section titled [Google.NTx86] (for 32-bit systems) or [Google.NTamd64] (for 64-bit systems)
- Add the following lines to make it recognize the TF300T hardware (it doesn't matter where, but I put it after the existing entries for the TF201 APX interface)
%AsusTransformerADBInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0B05&PID_4C81&REV_0232&MI_01 %AsusTransformerADBInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0B05&PID_4C81&MI_01 %AsusTransformerADBInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0B05&PID_4C83&REV_0232 %AsusTransformerADBInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0B05&PID_4C83
After the information is added, you should be able to install the drivers as usual for the device. If for some reason the device is still not recognized, you'll need to find its hardware IDs and add those to the file.
I had to look for the SKU too and since I couldn't find it cause I couldn't boot into Android it was in really small text in the bootloader at the top. Unfortunately after trying to flash the firmware in the bootloader it would not write over the system every time. So I followed this post instead: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=167
After following the procedure it finally worked! Thanks cmendonc2 and everyone for your help, my friend is happy!