Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,552 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][CLOCK] VibeWatch v0.5b - Bugfix

Tip us?

st-tps
Old
(Last edited by st-tps; 10th February 2014 at 07:56 PM.) Reason: App updated to v0.5b
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Default [APP][CLOCK] VibeWatch v0.5b - Bugfix

This is an app created upon a request in this thread by wilsonmc.
Its layout is created for the Samsung Galaxy Gear but since the code it pretty straight forward it would probably work excellent on any Android device.

Its simple task is:
If its activated, every 5 minutes it makes a vibe based on the users custom set up pattern.

Screenshots:

Changelog:

0.1b
-Initial release, only basic function

0.2b
- first vibe always starts when clock reaches next even five minutes.
- Holo theme
- Icon added
- Toast shows the time to forst vibe

0.3b
- Custom Vibe pattern, with possible to test the pattern before save
- Counter wich tells how long until next vibe
- New App Name, VibrateWatch out, VibeWatch in!

0.4b
- Added a function to edit Vibe pattern on stock devices without keyboards
- Added a pretty neat feature that makes the clock Vibe every 10mins at morse code, that is: '10 = dot,dash,dash,dash,dah. 20 = dot,dot,dash,dash,dash and so on (Full hour is set as dash,dot,dot,dot,dot)... every '5 in between the app uses the custom vibe pattern, so if the user only want vibes every 10 min, set the vibe pattern to all zeros.
- Added an Help button for info.

0.5b
- Fixed a bug that didnt let the vibes through when Screen was off and charger not present.

Download:
VibeWatch v0.5b
Gear owners! Download my widgets: NotiCounter Widget and NotiList Widget - Galaxy Gear Exclusives!
For a complete compilation of my Gear Exclusive Apps, check out my External Site.

If you like it and find 'em useful, Ill gladly recieve a little something

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to st-tps For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

st-tps
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Request from Dev:

This App is only tested on null_ rom atm.
Id like if someone could try this on a pure stock Gear and report the result.
Gear owners! Download my widgets: NotiCounter Widget and NotiList Widget - Galaxy Gear Exclusives!
For a complete compilation of my Gear Exclusive Apps, check out my External Site.

Hterag
Old
(Last edited by Hterag; 6th February 2014 at 02:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by st-tps View Post
Request from Dev:

This App is only tested on null_ rom atm.
Id like if someone could try this on a pure stock Gear and report the result.
Just tested on stock and there doesn't appear to be any way to change the values from 0s since there's no keyboard installed. You could use a + and - button for each option but it'd be really fiddly on the tiny screen or have them all in a column/row with something like the roller wheel as in the official timer app to set the time under each one.

Otherwise, it's looking fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress.

st-tps
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hterag View Post
Just tested on stock and there doesn't appear to be any way to change the values from 0s since there's no keyboard installed. You could use a + and - button for each option but it'd be really fiddly on the tiny screen or have them all in a column/row with something like the roller wheel as in the official timer app to set the time under each one.

Otherwise, it's looking fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress.
Ah, ofcourse. Didntt think of the missing keyboard. Ill figure something out.

But if you uninstall (to clear all settings files) and the install again and just tap the ON Toggle, does the default Vibe pattern work as its supposed to?
Dont feel like put alot of effort in creating a way to change the value on Stock if not the basic function works

answaiksvoltage
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I'm testing it on the latest Null. I have:

1st Vibe: 50, 1st Pause: 300
2nd Vibe: 100, 2nd Pause: 300
3rd Vibe: 0, 3rd Pause: 0
4th Vibe: 0, 4th Pause: 0

Turning the features on/off does not reset the counter. Meaning if it's running and I shut it down I can open it again and it starts from the previous position and it is still counting. I also tried to turn to it off, change the patterns and turn it back on and it's the same issue.

Otherwise the functionality is awesome. Great deterrent to walk away from conversations with annoying people since they know I can take calles on my watch "Oh, excuse, your five minutes is up sir." .

Previous: CNG Cingular 8525, ATT Tilt, ATT Blackberry 8130 Curve, VZW Blackberry 8230 Pearl Flip, VZW Blackberry 9630 TOUR, VZW Motorola Droid, VZW HTC Droid Incredible, VZW Motorola Droid X, VZW HTC Thunderbolt, VZW Motorola Droid Bionic, VZW HTC Rezound, VZW Motorla Droid Razr, HTC Flyer Wi-fi

Current: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Gear Orange
Asus Transformer Book T100T

st-tps
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by answaiksvoltage View Post
I'm testing it on the latest Null. I have:

1st Vibe: 50, 1st Pause: 300
2nd Vibe: 100, 2nd Pause: 300
3rd Vibe: 0, 3rd Pause: 0
4th Vibe: 0, 4th Pause: 0

Turning the features on/off does not reset the counter. Meaning if it's running and I shut it down I can open it again and it starts from the previous position and it is still counting. I also tried to turn to it off, change the patterns and turn it back on and it's the same issue.

Otherwise the functionality is awesome. Great deterrent to walk away from conversations with annoying people since they know I can take calles on my watch "Oh, excuse, your five minutes is up sir." .
If I understand the "issue" right here I belive you have missed the point a bit (or Iwe explained it badly ), the time you can see in the counter is the time from that precise moment until you Gear clock turns into a even 5 minutes.
For example: If the clock is 17:22:30, the timer will show 150 sec since its exactly 2 min 30 sec until the clock turns 17:25:00.
So when you turn it off and then on again it will only recalculate to find that exact time again and then show it, never just start at 300 and count downwards.

Have I understand your issue right?

answaiksvoltage
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by st-tps View Post
If I understand the "issue" right here I belive you have missed the point a bit (or Iwe explained it badly ), the time you can see in the counter is the time from that precise moment until you Gear clock turns into a even 5 minutes.
For example: If the clock is 17:22:30, the timer will show 150 sec since its exactly 2 min 30 sec until the clock turns 17:25:00.
So when you turn it off and then on again it will only recalculate to find that exact time again and then show it, never just start at 300 and count downwards.

Have I understand your issue right?
Well I will Homer Simpson myself with a D'oh! My bad. I reread it and missed where you said it auto starts on a 5 minute based on time. So once it reaches a '5" it will then run with my settings correctly? Even if I change the 300 to say a 600?

Previous: CNG Cingular 8525, ATT Tilt, ATT Blackberry 8130 Curve, VZW Blackberry 8230 Pearl Flip, VZW Blackberry 9630 TOUR, VZW Motorola Droid, VZW HTC Droid Incredible, VZW Motorola Droid X, VZW HTC Thunderbolt, VZW Motorola Droid Bionic, VZW HTC Rezound, VZW Motorla Droid Razr, HTC Flyer Wi-fi

Current: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Gear Orange
Asus Transformer Book T100T

st-tps
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by answaiksvoltage View Post
Well I will Homer Simpson myself with a D'oh! My bad. I reread it and missed where you said it auto starts on a 5 minute based on time. So once it reaches a '5" it will then run with my settings correctly? Even if I change the 300 to say a 600?
In the initial 0.1b release it worked like an timer, but I added the clock matching feature in v 0.2b, so you will never see a value greater then 300 since its the maximal number of seconds for 5 mins.
The numbers you set in the vibe pattern are stated in milliseconds and lets you set a pattern for how to vibrate at each 5 min.
Ill try to add some info about the function in the app...

st-tps
Old
(Last edited by st-tps; 6th February 2014 at 10:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Default App Updated to v0.4b!

New version uploaded!

The 0.4b brings a more stock friendly GUI and the posibility to let your Gear tell you the time by Morse code!

Changelog and Download in first post.

And again, someone with a Stock Gear, try this app and report back in this thread!

fOmey
Old
(Last edited by fOmey; 7th February 2014 at 05:39 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,925
Great job ! I'm thinking about including your own little section in aroma.. you can feature the apps you want to include.. think about it, hit me up on the chat.

HELPFUL POST? HIT THANKS !

OR BETTER YET

BUY ME A BEER OR TWO ?

GTA V FORUM :: MODS, GLITCHES & BOOSTING SERVICES

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fOmey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]