Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Signal Strength color problem

Tip us?
 
soumyadeepbshn
Old
(Last edited by soumyadeepbshn; 16th February 2014 at 07:18 PM.) Reason: image attached
#1  
soumyadeepbshn's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Mar 2013
Info 2 [Q] Signal Strength color problem

Hello guys

I have a Grand i9082 , in this device the network signal color shows in white while the signal strength is full . But if I go to someplace where there is no network , it still shows white . So it's really hard for me to identify whether there is any network or not . Sometimes when I return from a no network area to my home the signal color is still showing white but there is no signal . I have missed many calls for this issue.

So , I want to know is there any way or any app which can change the color of signal to blue or any color except white while having network ?

I'm attaching two images one with network & the other one without network . the third image is what I want .Hope to get help from you guys .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-17-00-31-50.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	2583052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-17-00-28-28.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	2583053   Click image for larger version

Name:	homescreen-with-digital-clock-widget.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	2583058  
 
DMJoh
Old
#2  
DMJoh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 447
Posts: 390
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Port of Kochi
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumyadeepbshn View Post
Hello guys

I have a Grand i9082 , in this device the network signal color shows in white while the signal strength is full . But if I go to someplace where there is no network , it still shows white . So it's really hard for me to identify whether there is any network or not . Sometimes when I return from a no network area to my home the signal color is still showing white but there is no signal . I have missed many calls for this issue.

So , I want to know is there any way or any app which can change the color of signal to blue or any color except white while having network ?

I'm attaching two images one with network & the other one without network . the third image is what I want .Hope to get help from you guys .
Try using Nova Launcher, but i am not pretty sure of that! it dont have options to customize icon colours, but you can tweak a bit of your notification bar say, like in Kitkat..

Your phone is showing signal even when you don have coverage and this problem may be becuse you had selected WCDMA only... Try keeping it to GSM/WCDMA mode.
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
soumyadeepbshn
Old
#3  
soumyadeepbshn's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJoh View Post
Try using Nova Launcher, but i am not pretty sure of that! it dont have options to customize icon colours, but you can tweak a bit of your notification bar say, like in Kitkat..

Your phone is showing signal even when you don have coverage and this problem may be becuse you had selected WCDMA only... Try keeping it to GSM/WCDMA mode.
Hello mate , thanks for your valuable reply , actually I prefer the default touch-wiz as a launcher . I have seen my friend's device which is Micromax canvas with default launcher & it shows blue signal color in notification bar. May be there is an app or something to change the color in Samsung devices.

I'm thinking to buy this app , is it any good for that purpose ?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.signalnotify
 
DMJoh
Old
#4  
DMJoh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 447
Posts: 390
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Port of Kochi
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumyadeepbshn View Post
Hello mate , thanks for your valuable reply , actually I prefer the default touch-wiz as a launcher . I have seen my friend's device which is Micromax canvas with default launcher & it shows blue signal color in notification bar. May be there is an app or something to change the color in Samsung devices.

I'm thinking to buy this app , is it any good for that purpose ?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.signalnotify
That will help i hope.. But anyway if you are gonna pay for the app.. do a decent research about its working.. see whether you can get a trial version of that application.. The app may be worth a go, if it satisfies your requirement

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I found a free app of the same application in playstore.. try it out.. then if u need go for the pro.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
soumyadeepbshn
Old
#5  
soumyadeepbshn's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJoh View Post

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I found a free app of the same application in playstore.. try it out.. then if u need go for the pro.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Bro , kindly give the link of the free same application .
 
DMJoh
Old
(Last edited by DMJoh; 17th February 2014 at 02:31 PM.)
#6  
DMJoh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 447
Posts: 390
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Port of Kochi
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumyadeepbshn View Post
Bro , kindly give the link of the free same application .
Here is the link, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gnalnotifyfree

I think it looks a bit different!, but from the same developer and does the same job
Some features may be unavailable, but just have a try!
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
color, network, signal
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes