Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Play services on Bluestacks?

Tip us?

Chakkas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Google Play services on Bluestacks?

i just cant get any app that needs this to work at all, even if i got the play services apk and the latest google play apk, not in any version of bluestacks does it work, does anyone have any idea how to resolve this? its freaking mind boggling

Chakkas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Not even the youtube app that COMES WITH bluestacks can work because it requires those, how can this even be?

Chakkas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Its strange that looking through the forum that i cant find anyone else really complaining about it more.... something like this should be made a priority for the bluestacks team because more and more applications rely on it than on android versions....

j-maro
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakkas View Post
Its strange that looking through the forum that i cant find anyone else really complaining about it more.... something like this should be made a priority for the bluestacks team because more and more applications rely on it than on android versions....
I installed Bluestacks player and after searching for an app I would get the error "Market Not Found. Search Web for Installation Recipe?" I clicked OK and then it downloaded some random "mpi.v23_xxxxxxxxxx.apk"

Prior to that i'd spent hours trying to work out how to download the apps and get them to sign into Google + because it would complain about Google Services not being supported on my device or it wouldn't install. I use Bluestacks for Clash of Clans only so I can't vouch for other apps but I can FINALLY login to my Google + account!
The Following User Says Thank You to j-maro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chakkas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-maro View Post
I installed Bluestacks player and after searching for an app I would get the error "Market Not Found. Search Web for Installation Recipe?" I clicked OK and then it downloaded some random "mpi.v23_xxxxxxxxxx.apk"

Prior to that i'd spent hours trying to work out how to download the apps and get them to sign into Google + because it would complain about Google Services not being supported on my device or it wouldn't install. I use Bluestacks for Clash of Clans only so I can't vouch for other apps but I can FINALLY login to my Google + account!
Haha yeah, i know :P After they released the ICS version of BlueStacks in 0.8.xxxx things are much better in it, i asked this before they released it :P