Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

AT&T Update Question

OP MidianXD

17th February 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waldorf, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 5

27 posts
More
I know having a custom recovery and updating is asking for bad news, but I am on stock with root, if I take this update while rooted, should I expect problems or anything?

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th February 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
I'm rooted only and the 10q update hasn't effected me at all - all root app still work. I think some folks reported issues with their root after the 10o update but I also was ok after that.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
17th February 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waldorf, Maryland

27 posts
More
Do you have any apps frozen? Or CarrierIQ disabled?

17th February 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Carrier IQ service is disabled via Disable Service app, but I don't think I've frozen anything in Titanium.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
17th February 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
This latest update from 14th Feb is 15MB. I guess that's the one you're asking about. If so, my phone was never prompted to "accept" the OTA update. It just updated by itself without my consent. But other folks have said it will forcefully update after declining 3 times. After update my phone was stuck in TWRP bootloop. But don't worry there is a perfect solution for that as well, if that's what happens to you.

Totally upto you if you wanna take the update or not, no changes on the user experience at all.
17th February 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waldorf, Maryland

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vish9

This latest update from 14th Feb is 15MB. I guess that's the one you're asking about. If so, my phone was never prompted to "accept" the OTA update. It just updated by itself without my consent. But other folks have said it will forcefully update after declining 3 times. After update my phone was stuck in TWRP bootloop. But don't worry there is a perfect solution for that as well, if that's what happens to you.

Totally upto you if you wanna take the update or not, no changes on the user experience at all.

That's the one I am talking about. I'm not too worried about the update, just if my phone would be borked if updated with root, but no TWRP/CWM. I haven't been prompted for it, I was just asking for my own knowledge, and like you said, there is a solution for it should something happen.
17th February 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianXD

That's the one I am talking about. I'm not too worried about the update, just if my phone would be borked if updated with root, but no TWRP/CWM. I haven't been prompted for it, I was just asking for my own knowledge, and like you said, there is a solution for it should something happen.

Not really sure if it will affect if you don't have any recovery installed. I had TWRP. Just so you know, the solution I am talking about is via TWRP.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696
18th February 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waldorf, Maryland

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vish9

Not really sure if it will affect if you don't have any recovery installed. I had TWRP. Just so you know, the solution I am talking about is via TWRP.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

Thanks for the link, I didn't think anything will happen, but figured just to be on the safe side, just in case.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread