Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T Update Question

Tip us?

MidianXD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default AT&T Update Question

I know having a custom recovery and updating is asking for bad news, but I am on stock with root, if I take this update while rooted, should I expect problems or anything?

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

danaconda_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm rooted only and the 10q update hasn't effected me at all - all root app still work. I think some folks reported issues with their root after the 10o update but I also was ok after that.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

MidianXD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Do you have any apps frozen? Or CarrierIQ disabled?

danaconda_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Carrier IQ service is disabled via Disable Service app, but I don't think I've frozen anything in Titanium.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

vish9
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This latest update from 14th Feb is 15MB. I guess that's the one you're asking about. If so, my phone was never prompted to "accept" the OTA update. It just updated by itself without my consent. But other folks have said it will forcefully update after declining 3 times. After update my phone was stuck in TWRP bootloop. But don't worry there is a perfect solution for that as well, if that's what happens to you.

Totally upto you if you wanna take the update or not, no changes on the user experience at all.

MidianXD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vish9 View Post
This latest update from 14th Feb is 15MB. I guess that's the one you're asking about. If so, my phone was never prompted to "accept" the OTA update. It just updated by itself without my consent. But other folks have said it will forcefully update after declining 3 times. After update my phone was stuck in TWRP bootloop. But don't worry there is a perfect solution for that as well, if that's what happens to you.

Totally upto you if you wanna take the update or not, no changes on the user experience at all.
That's the one I am talking about. I'm not too worried about the update, just if my phone would be borked if updated with root, but no TWRP/CWM. I haven't been prompted for it, I was just asking for my own knowledge, and like you said, there is a solution for it should something happen.

vish9
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianXD View Post
That's the one I am talking about. I'm not too worried about the update, just if my phone would be borked if updated with root, but no TWRP/CWM. I haven't been prompted for it, I was just asking for my own knowledge, and like you said, there is a solution for it should something happen.
Not really sure if it will affect if you don't have any recovery installed. I had TWRP. Just so you know, the solution I am talking about is via TWRP.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

MidianXD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vish9 View Post
Not really sure if it will affect if you don't have any recovery installed. I had TWRP. Just so you know, the solution I am talking about is via TWRP.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696
Thanks for the link, I didn't think anything will happen, but figured just to be on the safe side, just in case.