Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,106 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

( How to ) convert a bootanimation zip to qmg file ?

Tip us?

ferlogan
Old
(Last edited by ferlogan; 26th August 2013 at 02:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default ( How to ) convert a bootanimation zip to qmg file ?

Hello guys . I need help converting a zip file to qmg file bootanimation I was researching and I found that you have to run a samsung program to convert the file .. the problem is that I don't have a computer now is there another way to get that done . Thank you very much in advance

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LGSilva
Old
Thanks Meter 137
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2217795

You need a computer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LGSilva For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The Sickness
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7803

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferlogan View Post
Hello guys . I need help converting a zip file to qmg file bootanimation I was researching and I found that you have to run a samsung program to convert the file .. the problem is that I don't have a computer now is there another way to get that done . Thank you very much in advance

Ok fellas....for the ones who cant get this to work by flashing I will tell you how to get it to work. Very simple...
You need to open the zip. With either 7Zip on your pc OR a file manager like FX with root permission.
After you open the zip there is 2 files. You want to open the one named system. Inside that file is a media folder. Open that folder...
Now you should see 2 qmg files. You want to take those 2 files and replace the current ones you have now.
Go to system/media. Copy the 2 new files from the zip and replace the ones in system/media.
Reboot and your done.

Hit the Thanks button if I helped.

Sent from my Wicked S4

If I helped hit the Thanks button. ..

Sent from a Wicked S4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faiyo
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Alternative workaround to pursue: there is a way to use regular boot animation zip files instead of samsungs qmg. You've got to research this i dont do it myself. I just saw it somewhere. This way might suit you better.

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3781
Is there a way to do the opposite? To turn a qmg into png files?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

Shaftamle
Old
Thanks Meter 2823

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferlogan View Post

To the best of my knowledge you would need proprietary Samsung software to modify .QMG file. Your best bet is to find a kernel or ROM with custom boot animation support and put the boot animation. Zip in the /system/media folder.

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/
Current Line Up
Samsung Galaxy S4- Verizon
ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0- Wi-Fi
ROM: Pac- Man ROM

Check Out My Themed Google Keyboards!!

teslax
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness View Post
Ok fellas....for the ones who cant get this to work by flashing I will tell you how to get it to work. Very simple...
You need to open the zip. With either 7Zip on your pc OR a file manager like FX with root permission.
After you open the zip there is 2 files. You want to open the one named system. Inside that file is a media folder. Open that folder...
Now you should see 2 qmg files. You want to take those 2 files and replace the current ones you have now.
Go to system/media. Copy the 2 new files from the zip and replace the ones in system/media.
Reboot and your done.

Hit the Thanks button if I helped.

Sent from my Wicked S4

If I helped hit the Thanks button. ..

Sent from a Wicked S4
Hi mate.

Thanks for your advise. The ZIP file (folder system) have 4 .qmg files. I have copied all 4 files in the root\system\media and now the new bootanimation works perfect.

Cheers