( How to ) convert a bootanimation zip to qmg file ?

OP ferlogan

26th August 2013, 12:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag houston
Thanks Meter: 17

183 posts
Hello guys . I need help converting a zip file to qmg file bootanimation I was researching and I found that you have to run a samsung program to convert the file .. the problem is that I don't have a computer now is there another way to get that done . Thank you very much in advance

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by ferlogan; 26th August 2013 at 02:24 AM.
27th August 2013, 02:43 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 141

647 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2217795

You need a computer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LGSilva For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2013, 08:45 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 11,078

5,085 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferlogan

Hello guys . I need help converting a zip file to qmg file bootanimation I was researching and I found that you have to run a samsung program to convert the file .. the problem is that I don't have a computer now is there another way to get that done . Thank you very much in advance

Ok fellas....for the ones who cant get this to work by flashing I will tell you how to get it to work. Very simple...
You need to open the zip. With either 7Zip on your pc OR a file manager like FX with root permission.
After you open the zip there is 2 files. You want to open the one named system. Inside that file is a media folder. Open that folder...
Now you should see 2 qmg files. You want to take those 2 files and replace the current ones you have now.
Go to system/media. Copy the 2 new files from the zip and replace the ones in system/media.
Reboot and your done.

Hit the Thanks button if I helped.

Sent from my Wicked S4

If I helped hit the Thanks button. ..

Sent from a Wicked S4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2013, 12:39 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 95

342 posts
Alternative workaround to pursue: there is a way to use regular boot animation zip files instead of samsungs qmg. You've got to research this i dont do it myself. I just saw it somewhere. This way might suit you better.
29th August 2013, 03:47 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 3,946

5,007 posts
More
Is there a way to do the opposite? To turn a qmg into png files?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
3rd November 2013, 05:54 PM   |  #6  
Flag Ellicott City
Thanks Meter: 3,905

1,732 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferlogan

To the best of my knowledge you would need proprietary Samsung software to modify .QMG file. Your best bet is to find a kernel or ROM with custom boot animation support and put the boot animation. Zip in the /system/media folder.

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/
16th February 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #7  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 28

199 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness

Ok fellas....for the ones who cant get this to work by flashing I will tell you how to get it to work. Very simple...
You need to open the zip. With either 7Zip on your pc OR a file manager like FX with root permission.
After you open the zip there is 2 files. You want to open the one named system. Inside that file is a media folder. Open that folder...
Now you should see 2 qmg files. You want to take those 2 files and replace the current ones you have now.
Go to system/media. Copy the 2 new files from the zip and replace the ones in system/media.
Reboot and your done.

Hit the Thanks button if I helped.

Sent from my Wicked S4

If I helped hit the Thanks button. ..

Sent from a Wicked S4

Hi mate.

Thanks for your advise. The ZIP file (folder system) have 4 .qmg files. I have copied all 4 files in the root\system\media and now the new bootanimation works perfect.

Cheers

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread