Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,867 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to do anything

Tip us?

nickmc01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unable to do anything

So I got root on the phone and installed recovery (twrp). Everything seemed to work fine. I put CM on the root and did the factory reset and wipe. When I tried to install it, it said it failed. Now I cant do anything but go to recovery. When I connect it to my computer, it makes the connect sound but doesnt show up in explorer.

Just wondering if anyone can help my. Ideally I would like to flash a rom (doesnt matter which) just to get an OS back.

I tried adb, it doesnt show up in the devices list and cant use sideload (just says starting but never does.

Mikkey81
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmc01 View Post
So I got root on the phone and installed recovery (twrp). Everything seemed to work fine. I put CM on the root and did the factory reset and wipe. When I tried to install it, it said it failed. Now I cant do anything but go to recovery. When I connect it to my computer, it makes the connect sound but doesnt show up in explorer.

Just wondering if anyone can help my. Ideally I would like to flash a rom (doesnt matter which) just to get an OS back.

I tried adb, it doesnt show up in the devices list and cant use sideload (just says starting but never does.
Do you have a back up you can flash too? That's a stupid question ( obviously you don't since your asking for an OS)
Are your adb drivers installed at all. Try download mode volume plus and power I believe.

Secondly what is the error. Error 7?
Corrsea's solution for error 7
Status 7 error means the rom developer is still using the old update binary script.
If you flash the latest philz recovery before you install a zip untick the setting that says" don't allow old update binary" Your zips should then flash without issue.
A better solution is to use the new update binary script yourself or ask the rom developer to update it.

Which you would have to flash from fastboot.
Make sure your adb drivers are installed though.

darkobas
Old
Thanks Meter 565
Sideload newer twrp, flash rom.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

cojo_daniel
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Try this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
It should help!