FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

NOTE 3 N900T *#0011# IMEI Certi:FAIL,help

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By calvinkhanhluu, Junior Member on 17th February 2014, 06:15 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
NOTE 3 N900T *#0011# IMEI Certi:FAIL,but imei *#06# still have,i need help ,thank all
 
 
12th April 2014, 07:33 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinkhanhluu

NOTE 3 N900T *#0011# IMEI Certi:FAIL,but imei *#06# still have,i need help ,thank all

sounds like it has been blocked by the network
12th April 2014, 09:28 PM |#3  
toastido's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 901
 
Donate to Me
More
Pretty sure that means your imei had been blacklisted.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.3 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T
13th April 2014, 01:52 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
you should try looking for this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFWUOGdEuso if you read it should help.
13th April 2014, 02:45 PM |#5  
garwynn's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 8,190
 
Donate to Me
More
Moved to Q&A.
14th April 2014, 01:57 AM |#6  
xda23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
If it was black listed or blocked you wouldn't be able to use it at all right? You wouldn't get any signal right? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

It won't work because your not on your stock rom.because I'm on wicked rom and mine wouldn't work so I flashed the stock rom back and it worked no problem.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
14th April 2014, 11:05 PM |#7  
toastido's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 901
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda23

If it was black listed or blocked you wouldn't be able to use it at all right? You wouldn't get any signal right? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

It won't work because your not on your stock rom.because I'm on wicked rom and mine wouldn't work so I flashed the stock rom back and it worked no problem.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

No you'd get signal, just no service. The imei is signed and stored in a database of valid imeis for a network. When you see imei certi fail, it means that that imei did not pass that test when it attempted to register with the network, and was thusly rejected.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.3 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T
The Following User Says Thank You to toastido For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 11:30 PM |#8  
xda23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastido

No you'd get signal, just no service. The imei is signed and stored in a database of valid imeis for a network. When you see imei certi fail, it means that that imei did not pass that test when it attempted to register with the network, and was thusly rejected.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.3 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T

So if a devices imei don't pass the test and is for instance rejected from say tmobile or att does it mean that you can't use the device on Gsm carrier such as straight talk,family mobile,etc? Is the device basically junk. Thanks In advance...

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes