Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Incipio DualPro Case Review.

Tip us?

bobbyphoenix
Old
(Last edited by bobbyphoenix; 21st October 2013 at 11:44 PM.) Reason: Added link.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Default Incipio DualPro Case Review.

Here is my quick review of the new Incipio DualPro Case. First I want to say sorry for the blurry pics. Wasn't taken with the best camera, but I wanted to get this up now.

Right off the bat this case feels great. It's almost gel-like. It's made of a hard shell, and very soft inner part, but both feel the same. It's like a feltish feel. Reminds me of the Nexus One's back. Even though it was hard plastic, it had that soft touch feel to it. The buttons are extremely easy to press thanks to the soft inside material being the cover instead of the hard outer shell, or individual pieces like the Spigen Neo-Hybrid. The overall thickness is also less compared to both the Neo-Hybrid and the Spigen Slim Armor. It almost feels like the naked phone without a case.

The cutouts are spot on too. Just like the Slim Armor. No complaints overall. Again the headphone port has a deep cutout, so you will need an extension, or just use headsets with thin jacks. Anything larger than the headphones that came with it won't fit. The camera is tucked in just enough, so there is no fear of it contacting any surface when put down, and the front is thick enough to protect any sort of surface if laid face down. I'm really happy with this case. For me it's a toss up between the Slim Armor and this with the Neo-Hybrid last. Both the Slim Armor and DualPro feel great in the hand, but the DualPro feels a bit better with the super soft touch feel. Great case that you can't go wrong with. The color is Cyan.

http://www.incipio.com/cases/samsung...e-3-cases.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-21 16.18.14.jpg
Views:	1185
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	2341054   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-21 16.19.23.jpg
Views:	1162
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	2341055   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-21 16.19.48.jpg
Views:	1081
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	2341056   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-21 16.20.01.jpg
Views:	1035
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	2341057  
Moto Defy Green Lens - CM 7.2 / Android 2.3.7
Moto Defy Red Lens - CM 7.2 / Android 2.3.7
Nexus One - CM 11 / Android 4.4.2
Galaxy S II - CM 10.2 / Android 4.3
HTC Desire HD - Stock GB / Android 2.3.6
Galaxy Note 3 - Stock Rooted KK / Android 4.4.2
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bobbyphoenix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobbyphoenix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
More pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20131021_162247.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	2341060   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131021_162305.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	2341061   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131021_162328.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	2341062   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131021_162334.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	2341063  

bobbyphoenix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Even more pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20131021_162347.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	2341064   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131021_162514.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	2341065  

phiquantu
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
Even more pics.
Thanks for the pictures & review, this may be my kind of case. One question though, how is the gripping on the sides? All I need in a case now is one that provide sufficient grip, since the Note 3 is so thin and slippery on the sides that sometimes it literally slides off my hands/grip.

james_f
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The grip on the sides Isn't super slick but I wouldn't call it grippy either. I'd try and check it out in a VZW store first hand. My only complaint is the TPU insert doesn't have much rigidity around the home button and the speaker. So it snags and doesn't stay snug so to speak.

I'm probably going to return mine when my Uag arrives

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to james_f For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobbyphoenix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by phiquantu View Post
Thanks for the pictures & review, this may be my kind of case. One question though, how is the gripping on the sides? All I need in a case now is one that provide sufficient grip, since the Note 3 is so thin and slippery on the sides that sometimes it literally slides off my hands/grip.
This is the only case so far that I'm really having an easy time holding. The Slim Armor was the best I thought, but this one is just a perfect increase in size over the naked phone. The rubbery texture is more than enough to grip. When you first put it on it may feel a bit slippery, but it's just the talcom powder they use in the molds for the silicone to be easy to get out. I wiped mine down, and now it's a soft rubbery grippy feeling case. I really like it a lot. Plus the sides are curved. There are no corners that you need to grip against like the Neo-Hybrid or Slim Armor. It's a very natural feeling to hold it since your fingers wrap the entire case. One bonus feature I found for me is the entire bottom is the very soft inner case, and the way I hold the phone I tend to put my pinky under the bottom as a brace. The soft gel really is easy on my finger. The other two case are hard on the bottom, and I would have to keep moving my pinky to stay comfy.

bobbyphoenix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_f View Post
The grip on the sides Isn't super slick but I wouldn't call it grippy either. I'd try and check it out in a VZW store first hand. My only complaint is the TPU insert doesn't have much rigidity around the home button and the speaker. So it snags and doesn't stay snug so to speak.

I'm probably going to return mine when my Uag arrives

That's a good additon to mention. The top and bottom are both just the soft inner case. There is no hard outer shell to keep it pressed against the phone, so if you tend to put it in your pocket I can see it getting caught and pulled when you try to pull it out, but overall with it being on the case and used, it doesn't "wobble or flipflop" by itself. It's stiff enough to stay put, but easy enough to pull away with a slight tug.

james_f
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Ah yeah I wasn't clear. It stays put until it snags coming in and out of my pocket. It's merely an annoyance.

My favorite thing about the case is how comfortable it is. Holding the phone naked now feels sharp and uncomfortable.

The Following User Says Thank You to james_f For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stanglifemike
Old
Thanks Meter 422
Looks great!! Thanks for the review and your initial thoughts on it! Looks really good on your white GN3! I also bought a white GN3, so this is perfect for keying me know how this will look on mine! Thank you!!

One thing, you should put a link in the OP so readers can easily find this case, instead of having to search the web for it. Other than that, which you can easily fix with an edit, excellent review!

Sent from my White Sprint Note 3 via XDA Premium
Main Phone: White Samsung Note 3 + 64GB card
Other Phone: White HTC Evo 4G LTE
Main Tablet: Asus Infinity 32GB Internal + 64GB card
Main Tablet: 2013 Nexus 7 32GB

98 GT: Lots of bolt-ons, suspension, exhaust.
06 GT: Vortech supercharger 10 lbs boost, full suspension, exhaust, too much to list here
Both purchased new and all mods done by me
The Following User Says Thank You to stanglifemike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobbyphoenix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
Looks great!! Thanks for the review and your initial thoughts on it! Looks really good on your white GN3! I also bought a white GN3, so this is perfect for keying me know how this will look on mine! Thank you!!

One thing, you should put a link in the OP so readers can easily find this case, instead of having to search the web for it. Other than that, which you can easily fix with an edit, excellent review!

Sent from my White Sprint Note 3 via XDA Premium
Link added to OP.

The Following User Says Thank You to bobbyphoenix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]