Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,841 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CWM doesn't stick hence cannot root!!!!!

Tip us?
 
suyash691
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 95
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default CWM doesn't stick hence cannot root!!!!!

I flashed cwm through odin but it doesn't stick tried 10 times and it shows 10 custom roms loaded when in odin mode but cwm doesn't boot .... any fix ???
 
osas514
Old
#2  
osas514's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 64
Join Date: Feb 2014
untick auto reboot in odin once odin shows sucess
and d blue line on ur grand is complete remove ur
battery and insert it again boot into recovery mode
directly(vol up+home+power button) goto install zip
from sd flash fix recovery remove ur battery insert
again boot into recovery mode directly now flash
update su

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
 
DMJoh
Old
#3  
DMJoh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 448
Posts: 390
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Port of Kochi
Quote:
Originally Posted by suyash691 View Post
I flashed cwm through odin but it doesn't stick tried 10 times and it shows 10 custom roms loaded when in odin mode but cwm doesn't boot .... any fix ???
Try flashing the official stock firmware, then try to flash CWM, or even better Philz Recovery. Since CWM is not sticking, battery pillout and all doesnt help much!
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power
The Following User Says Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
akiratoriyama
Old
(Last edited by akiratoriyama; 17th February 2014 at 08:19 AM.)
#4  
akiratoriyama's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 791
Posts: 1,682
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJoh View Post
Try flashing the official stock firmware, then try to flash CWM, or even better Philz Recovery. Since CWM is not sticking, battery pillout and all doesnt help much!
Wrong.
On every flash of any custom recovery on stock ROM, we need to go to the recovery on the first boot otherwise stock recovery or a file in /etc will overwrite it.
The solution is indeed going to recovery on first boot after the Odin flash and flashing Fix-Recovery.zip file.
No offence

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
AOGP Kernel Coder
 
DMJoh
Old
#5  
DMJoh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 448
Posts: 390
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Port of Kochi
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiratoriyama View Post
Wrong.
On the every CWM flash of any custom recovery on stock ROM, we need to go to the recovery on the first boot otherwise stock recovery or a file in /etc will overwrite it.
The solution is indeed going to recovery on first boot and flashing Fix-Recovery.zip file.
No offence

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
cant get u bro.. and i am not pretty sure about this.. bt i jus said like flash wid original for the ease..

n offense...none taken 😀😁

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
suyash691
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 95
Join Date: Oct 2013
got it .. disabled auto reboot nd booted to cwm in first go to flash fix recovery . thanks guys and btw philz recovery cannot flash cm11 ... you need the updated cwm according to OP from cm11 thread
 
swaroop_p1988
Old
#7  
swaroop_p1988's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 143
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai
Quote:
Originally Posted by suyash691 View Post
got it .. disabled auto reboot nd booted to cwm in first go to flash fix recovery . thanks guys and btw philz recovery cannot flash cm11 ... you need the updated cwm according to OP from cm11 thread
me too facing same problme.. I have uncheck auto reboot. Can any1 route me to the fix recovery file?
 
iceyhotguy
Old
#8  
iceyhotguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 721
Posts: 714
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaroop_p1988 View Post
me too facing same problme.. I have uncheck auto reboot. Can any1 route me to the fix recovery file?
Fix-Recovery.zip
 
akiratoriyama
Old
#9  
akiratoriyama's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 791
Posts: 1,682
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJoh View Post
cant get u bro.. and i am not pretty sure about this.. bt i jus said like flash wid original for the ease..

n offense...none taken 😀😁

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Edited my statement.
(Myself wondered what I wrote :P)

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
AOGP Kernel Coder

The Following User Says Thank You to akiratoriyama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes