5,597,354 Members 32,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to differentiate between Moto G US GSM and Global GSM?

Tip us?

farazk86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] How to differentiate between Moto G US GSM and Global GSM?

Hello,

My sister lives in Canada and is on the wind network, which uses the AWS frequency. I found out that the Moto G US GSm version will be compatible with Wind Canada (since it supports AWS).

I wanted to buy this as a gift for her birthday so I ordered the 16GB US GSM Moto G from amazon usa and posted it to her via UPS. She got it today but is having difficulty setting up internet, I mean it is supposed to "just work" right?

So I fear that maybe amazon has sent me the Global GSM by mistake.

is there anyway I can identify the phone? I mean will the about section in settings be able to tell me if its US GSM or global GSM?

Thank you

colgate13
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You can tell by the model number:
XT1032 Global GSM
XT1034 US GSM (T-Mobile)
The Following User Says Thank You to colgate13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 318
If she gets Wind Home coverage, calls and texts, she's got AWS HSPA signal and the right model. Getting the internet to work from there is probably just a matter of checking APN settings.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM).
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G
Ingress Resistance - Level 8
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkshado For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]