Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Restoring stock recovery on Galaxy tab 2 7.0 p3110

OP jimmyboyuk1981

1st July 2012, 12:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Ive installed cwm recovery to root but have decided to prepare myself if i need to send back for warranty issues.

Ive read through all the threads but cant find a solution.

I need to restore my tab 2 7.0 p3110 back to the stock recovery and remove cwm recovery.

Please can someone help and give me some directions and relevant stock recovery zip so I can do this.

Thanks.

James
1st July 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Arrow Me too
Same question as you.
I have gtab 2 P3100 flashed by CWM recovery 5.0.0.4 and do nandroid back up succesfuly but not rooted yet. I decide not to root mine before updated to ics 4.0.4. And now i would like to revert back to stock recovery.
Does anyone have stock recovery image of P3100?

I know this can be done by flashing stock rom but my internet connection very slow i couldn't to download such a big file ( over 600mb).

Thank you. Regards
4th July 2012, 03:43 PM   |  #3  
kwbr's Avatar
Recognized Developer
127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 1,448
 
3,331 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboyuk1981

Please can someone help and give me some directions and relevant stock recovery zip so I can do this.

Thanks.

James

James, find attached the recovery image for p3110 (Galaxy Tab 2 7") extracted from the samsung P3110XXALD4 rom. Android 4.0.3 dated 2012 April.

fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img

flash at own risk!

MD5 checksum recovery image: 8F7C6974BDB86A88380D50E2528564C5
Attached Files
File Type: rar recoveryP3110PHNALD2.rar - [Click for QR Code] (5.02 MB, 1659 views)
Last edited by kwbr; 4th July 2012 at 03:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwbr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2012, 04:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
figured it out myself
Thanks mate but figures it out a couple of days ago and used odin to flash the original recovery and everything.

I ended up returning the tablet. Wasnt impressed with the blocky graphics when scrolling whilst browsing and the unsupported apps such as from gameloft was the tip of the iceberg.

Ordered a google nexus 7 now after much deliberation and will hopefully come back to xda to follow custom development on this awesome machine.

Again, thanks. But the nexus 7 renders this tablet as obselete as a 386 sx25
4th July 2012, 05:16 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
The nexus doesn't do anything to this tablet with cm9 on it. You also have to deal with no storage on the nexus

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda app-developers app
4th July 2012, 05:58 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
I cant agree with you there. The nexus has a quad core processor to the tab 2's dual. It has a full 1gb ram instead of 780mb. Amuch better resolution at 1280 x 720. With a ppi ot 216. Also jelly bean with no custom ui.

Also isnt there microphone problems on cm9 with this model.

With all respect to ur development expertise. No micro sd card slit but with 16gb ram is more than enough. Unless u dont own a desktop pc or laptop for movie viewing etc.

I barely ever go past the 10gb mark on storage on tablets and uninstall games rather than have then sitting on my sd card. My music collection is also less than 3gb.

Tegra 3 12 core gpu destroys ti omap 4430 hands down.

I have used cyanogenmod many times however custom roms and kernels also outdo cyanogen everytime almost.

Thanks for your input but the tab 2 is already yesterdays news. Just like the nexus 7 will be in 6-9 months.

Asus rocks
16th July 2012, 05:44 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboyuk1981

I cant agree with you there. The nexus has a quad core processor to the tab 2's dual. It has a full 1gb ram instead of 780mb. Amuch better resolution at 1280 x 720. With a ppi ot 216. Also jelly bean with no custom ui.

Also isnt there microphone problems on cm9 with this model.

With all respect to ur development expertise. No micro sd card slit but with 16gb ram is more than enough. Unless u dont own a desktop pc or laptop for movie viewing etc.

I barely ever go past the 10gb mark on storage on tablets and uninstall games rather than have then sitting on my sd card. My music collection is also less than 3gb.

Tegra 3 12 core gpu destroys ti omap 4430 hands down.

I have used cyanogenmod many times however custom roms and kernels also outdo cyanogen everytime almost.

Thanks for your input but the tab 2 is already yesterdays news. Just like the nexus 7 will be in 6-9 months.

Asus rocks

If you don't watch movies, listen to music or play games, what are you using your quad-core gpu (i'm assuming you mean CPU) to destroy?…Facebook?

Speaking from experience (I rooted and installed both ICS and JB on my gTab), I can say I am ready to go back to Samsung's TouchWiz. It takes fewer steps to get to settings in the notification area, has a task manager that kills all apps at once, and my movies are not thrown in together with my pictures. My movie thumbnails are in columns instead if one vertical line down the middle of my tablet. It's obvious Android is made for phones instead of tablets. That's where custom UIs outshine.

Thank you for your input but you may want to do a little research and get your facts straight before being condescending towards other people and their opinions. The Nexus resolution is 1280X800 and both tablets have 1 GB of RAM.
16th July 2012, 06:20 AM   |  #8  
Devtodi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marin County
Thanks Meter: 72
 
559 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
I was just given a wifi only tab 2 7.0 and I need to get it back to stock. Does qbking77 have a video? It is the 3113 model. Help please.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
20th July 2012, 08:42 PM   |  #9  
jachar's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Monterrey
Thanks Meter: 3
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboyuk1981

Thanks mate but figures it out a couple of days ago and used odin to flash the original recovery and everything.

I ended up returning the tablet. Wasnt impressed with the blocky graphics when scrolling whilst browsing and the unsupported apps such as from gameloft was the tip of the iceberg.

Ordered a google nexus 7 now after much deliberation and will hopefully come back to xda to follow custom development on this awesome machine.

Again, thanks. But the nexus 7 renders this tablet as obselete as a 386 sx25

Where did you find the original image?
23rd July 2012, 06:19 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Reponse to the Troll post response
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanform

If you don't watch movies, listen to music or play games, what are you using your quad-core gpu (i'm assuming you mean CPU) to destroy?…Facebook?

Speaking from experience (I rooted and installed both ICS and JB on my gTab), I can say I am ready to go back to Samsung's TouchWiz. It takes fewer steps to get to settings in the notification area, has a task manager that kills all apps at once, and my movies are not thrown in together with my pictures. My movie thumbnails are in columns instead if one vertical line down the middle of my tablet. It's obvious Android is made for phones instead of tablets. That's where custom UIs outshine.

Thank you for your input but you may want to do a little research and get your facts straight before being condescending towards other people and their opinions. The Nexus resolution is 1280X800 and both tablets have 1 GB of RAM.

Oops mistyped and wrote the wrong specific resolution. I'll have to say that if you are going to be a pedantic samsung fanboy troll, u need to get your facts straight. Nexus resolution is 1205x800, so both were wrong. The Samsung has got less than 800mb ram total for youor information that is used FACT.

To answer your first troll(ey) little comment. I stated that they werent the reasons Im buying it (movies/Music). I also stated that I dont leave games installed unless I play them constantly, or thats what any normal person would have realised.

I think you'll find that YOU are the condescending one, I merely stated my opinion from knowledge.

Hope you enjoy your Samsung Galaxy Fail 2, I'll just sit back play a couple of games, surf the internet without blocky graphics when scrolling and enjoy general awesome buttery use of my nexus

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes