5,600,053 Members 43,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it possible to root a kurio 10s?

Tip us?

cowen1000
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Is it possible to root a kurio 10s?

Hi all.

I bought my son a kurio 10s for xmas. Its running 4.2.2

Is there any way to root it?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to cowen1000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cowen1000
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Any ideas? Or is there anyway to copy games and data from a rooted device?

Kolash
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bump bump bump

I'm interested in an answer for this... I've tried a few methods throughout the kurio 7 google play post, and they never seem to identify the tablet. I've made sure that all the usb drivers installed correctly, and have developer mode enabled. I'm not by any means a developer, so I have no idea how to create one on my own.

Also curious about different roms that might be suitable for the 10s. Nexus 10 looks clean, but the price tag drove me off.

007javaid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Post kurio 10s rooting and google play installation

Anyone know how u root the kurio 10s? I'm struggling for a full week now. Hours upon hours searching how to do it. Someone must know? I just to want to root it. I tried kingo but that doesn't even recognise the tablet. Kingo is supposed to root any device but doesn't,t even recognise the kurio 10s tablet. I don't even have Google play on it. I can't root and I can't put Google play on everything I've tried doesn't work. The kurio 10s is on android is 4.2.2. Anyone? Please please please? Help us all.
The Following User Says Thank You to 007javaid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gigawatt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default yes you can root it, same chipset and file as the 7s

yes you can root it using utoo-root-signed.zi
from recovery mode, and then you can add your chosen launcher, but a warning, even if you change the launcher, don't remove the kurio launcher tablit, because some games won't work, unless some one knows a work aroundp[QUOTE=007javaid;49000326]Anyone know how u root the kurio 10s? I'm struggling for a full week now. Hours upon hours searching how to do it. Someone must know? I just to want to root it. I tried kingo but that doesn't even recognise the tablet. Kingo is supposed to root any device but doesn't,t even recognise the kurio 10s tablet. I don't even have Google play on it. I can't root and I can't put Google p

Mr. X.
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
yes i think bcoz every phone can be rooted

XxJuggernautxX
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Default Workaround

[QUOTE=gigawatt;49108489]yes you can root it using utoo-root-signed.zi
from recovery mode, and then you can add your chosen launcher, but a warning, even if you change the launcher, don't remove the kurio launcher tablit, because some games won't work, unless some one knows a work aroundp
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007javaid View Post
Anyone know how u root the kurio 10s? I'm struggling for a full week now. Hours upon hours searching how to do it. Someone must know? I just to want to root it. I tried kingo but that doesn't even recognise the tablet. Kingo is supposed to root any device but doesn't,t even recognise the kurio 10s tablet. I don't even have Google play on it. I can't root and I can't put Google p
From what I gather, there is not a workaround yet. Don't remove the Kurio lancher.

gigawatt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default google play store is now available on the kurio 7s and the 10s from kurio themselves

Hi, you can now get the play store with an update to your tablit with an ota from kurio by going to update the tablit or, probably not supposed to give it out, but hear's a link to all files for the kurio downloads
http://www.kurioworld.com/k/us/paren...ort/downloads/
and you can still root from recovery using u2sign.zip

cowen1000
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Root doesnt work, i downloaded and flashed through recovery but i still dont have root facilities.

Any ideas?

Drefsab
Old
Thanks Meter 110
My Kurio 10s is now rooted

Using the steps in this post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=362

I applied the Google services update then applied that worked like a charm.