Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,042 Members 47,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[V12] Blinkfeed (Sense 6) Ported to HOX+

Tip us?

Ghand0ur
Old
(Last edited by Ghand0ur; 31st May 2014 at 03:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default [V12] Blinkfeed (Sense 6) Ported to HOX+

Been a while since I opened XDA so naturally I wasn't able to stay upto date with the latest updates, and I found that this thread was really outdated and unorganized so I will make a whole clean over.

V12 Is released, fixing permissions and the fuss to get weather to work, the original developer made a new thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735764

Check it out and thank the developer.
He cleaned his thread and made a clear guide. I will try to keep up to date and update this thread if any news come up. So Far this only works on 4.4 .

Have fun,
Ghandour
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-08-21-59-16.jpg
Views:	1404
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	2675591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-08-21-59-26.png
Views:	1251
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	2675592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-08-21-59-45.jpg
Views:	1098
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	2675593  
This community has helped me in ways that one can't imagine. It provided me with the knowledge that will help me to achieve my dream, and I will pay back. I will always try to help those who are in need.

Phone: HTC One X+
CarbonRom (Running the latest Blinkfeed Launcher) ,Philz Recovery

Currently learning: Java
Can't Understand the difference between ROOTING and Unlocking the bootloader? READ THIS
Interested in porting Latest Blinkfeed to the HOX+ ? Read this
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ghand0ur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XAlexander_AlexanderX
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Niiice

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
Current Device: MOTO X
Rooted, Dev Unlocked
Recovery: TWRP
Previous Devices: T-Mobile Wing, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G, Droid Incredible 2, LG G2X, HTC Rezound, LG Optimus L9 P769, AT&T HOX+

Ghand0ur
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
There seems to be an issue with the port, somehow when I flash the zip, the network seems to be lost. so there is no signal after you flash the zip. Looking for a fix now.
This community has helped me in ways that one can't imagine. It provided me with the knowledge that will help me to achieve my dream, and I will pay back. I will always try to help those who are in need.

Can't Understand the difference between ROOTING and Unlocking the bootloader? READ THIS
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghand0ur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ghand0ur
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
UPDATE:
New link added: V8 (With Twitter plugin working, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post51621342
thanks to: @gakugaku
Network issue FIXED!! Solution: Extract v8, go to system/lib and delete this file : libhtc_rilhook.so then compress it again in zip form again,
thanks to: @opssemnik

Going to update the main thread with clear instructions Good luck and sorry for the inconvenience

The Following User Says Thank You to Ghand0ur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jizang
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I get freezes with the latest build of carbonrom

Ghand0ur
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jizang View Post
I get freezes with the latest build of carbonrom
Yeah , just refuses to wake up right?

jizang
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I could not lock my phone and touch did not function,but it was my mistake i did not follow the tutorial right. After i flashed it again this time with the tutorial everything works now

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NowenUI
Old
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Very nice! thanks!
And weather widget in BlinkFeed don't work

Ghand0ur
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowenUI View Post
Very nice! thanks!
And weather widget in BlinkFeed don't work
For the moment I am not interested in getting the weather to work, but for those who are interested here are the instructions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=607

Download weather.apk from here :http://d-h.st/l8M
Using a file explorer or ADB, copy it to /system/priv-app/ and set file permissions to rw--r-r or 644. I won't give instructions on how to do this, as there are already many guides that teach you this!
Go to Add Account in Settings (System Settings) and add the HTC Weather service as an account.
It should now be listed alongside your Google Account, etc. in Settings, and the Weather icon should have updated in Blinkfeed.
To enable the weather and clock widget at the top of Blinkfeed, set Blinkfeed as your default homescreen by pinching out, and dragging Blinkfeed to the top where it says "Set as default".

Thanks to @usaff22

#OP Updated with weather instructions

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghand0ur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NowenUI
Old
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghand0ur View Post
For the moment I am not interested in getting the weather to work, but for those who are interested here are the instructions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=607

Download weather.apk from here :http://d-h.st/l8M
Using a file explorer or ADB, copy it to /system/priv-app/ and set file permissions to rw--r-r or 644. I won't give instructions on how to do this, as there are already many guides that teach you this!
Go to Add Account in Settings (System Settings) and add the HTC Weather service as an account.
It should now be listed alongside your Google Account, etc. in Settings, and the Weather icon should have updated in Blinkfeed.
To enable the weather and clock widget at the top of Blinkfeed, set Blinkfeed as your default homescreen by pinching out, and dragging Blinkfeed to the top where it says "Set as default".

Thanks to @usaff22

#OP Updated with weather instructions
Works briliant! Thanks! I install Sense 6.0 Holo Theme+ this blinkfeed- works very fast and stable! Thx...

Tags
blinkfeed, hox+, one x +, sense 6