Ask a question

No registration required

Smile [APP][1.6+] AppExtractor v1.5.4 - ROM Manager Companion

OP awjones

12th October 2011, 08:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 78

75 posts
I've been working on an app called AppExtractor. It's meant to be a companion app to ROM Manager in that it allows you to restore individual apps, data, SMS / MMS messages, Contacts / Call Logs, and Wifi Settings from your ROM Manager backups.

AppExtractor is compatible with backups created by ClockworkMod Recovery 5 as well as previous versions of CWM Recovery.

If you are interested, you can find it on the Market here: https://market.android.com/details?i...y.appextractor

For those who cannot install from the Market, I have included the APK in this post.

Please let me know what you think!

Screenshots:

Attached Files
File Type: apk AppExtractor.apk - [Click for QR Code] (299.4 KB, 3000 views)
Last edited by awjones; 19th December 2011 at 02:30 AM. Reason: New APK
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to awjones For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th October 2011, 08:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lennestadt
Thanks Meter: 635

3,139 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by awjones

AppExtractor is compatible with backups created by ClockworkMod Recovery 5 as well as previous versions of CWM Recovery.

Hi,

what does mean?

with friendly greet

starbase64
12th October 2011, 08:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase64

Hi,

what does mean?

with friendly greet

starbase64

The backup file format recently changed. Previously, the backup files were ".img" extension (YAFFS) and with the newer versions of CWM Recovery, backups are saved as ".ext3.tar" extension.
13th October 2011, 08:46 AM   |  #4  
Flag Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 162

964 posts
Donate to Me
More
I really hope this was what I've been looking for so long!

Does your original post mean that some kind of output from your app can be used to flash back programs and their settings from the CWM?

If yes, I'd like to make a request.

More often than not, the apks are updated, but the settings are generally the same. Is it possible to give an option to just restore the settings of the selected apps only without restoring the apps? I saw that this is possible through your program ... want to know if its possible through the CWM.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ok, so I got it from the market and now I understand a bit more. The idea is great. However, although it appears to be free, it is not. The user has to pay for SMS/MMS. The user is limited to restoring just 5 apps.

Fine, so, its limited! Maybe you should rename it as "lite" as otherwise it could be misleading.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paparasee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th October 2011, 09:12 AM   |  #5  
Flag Frövi
Thanks Meter: 84

308 posts
More
Wanted to try this, mainly for sms/mms retrieval from old backups (went from sense rom to miui and sms/mms weren't carried over...

I can't seem to buy it from market either. Says an error occured?
13th October 2011, 03:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase64

Hi,

what does mean?

with friendly greet

starbase64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparasee

I really hope this was what I've been looking for so long!

Does your original post mean that some kind of output from your app can be used to flash back programs and their settings from the CWM?

If yes, I'd like to make a request.

More often than not, the apks are updated, but the settings are generally the same. Is it possible to give an option to just restore the settings of the selected apps only without restoring the apps? I saw that this is possible through your program ... want to know if its possible through the CWM.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ok, so I got it from the market and now I understand a bit more. The idea is great. However, although it appears to be free, it is not. The user has to pay for SMS/MMS. The user is limited to restoring just 5 apps.

Fine, so, its limited! Maybe you should rename it as "lite" as otherwise it could be misleading.

Thanks for the suggestion! I may consider renaming it so there is a lite / pro version. My intention isn't to make it confusing for anyone.
13th October 2011, 03:54 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilleh

Wanted to try this, mainly for sms/mms retrieval from old backups (went from sense rom to miui and sms/mms weren't carried over...

I can't seem to buy it from market either. Says an error occured?

Are you still having issues downloading from the Market? It's definitely up there and supports all 1.6+ devices.
13th October 2011, 04:05 PM   |  #8  
Flag Frövi
Thanks Meter: 84

308 posts
More
Yupp´, same error. An error occured. Please try again.

Using market 3.2.0 and have tried wiping market data and cache
13th October 2011, 05:06 PM   |  #9  
Flag Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 162

964 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awjones

Are you still having issues downloading from the Market? It's definitely up there and supports all 1.6+ devices.

Hi Jones,
Would it be possible for you to include an option to for eg. extract from the rom image the settings or the apk or both (as chosen by the user) and recompile it into a new image (only the setting or only apk or both)?
13th October 2011, 06:24 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparasee

Hi Jones,
Would it be possible for you to include an option to for eg. extract from the rom image the settings or the apk or both (as chosen by the user) and recompile it into a new image (only the setting or only apk or both)?

Hmm...I'll have to look into that!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread